Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the motor COMPLETELY rebuilt and was going to get a new paint job and drive my cruiser till the wheels fell off. I was so excited to get the most expensive part of the project out of the way and then BAM a 100 year hail storm here in cullman beat up the body.. (you can google Cullman Hail Storm) I just dont have the money for the body work and can't find a body with a bad motor to swap.. I just wanna sell it.. im broken hearted about it. but maybe someone else can get some good use out of it.. I paid 1800 to rebuild it and only want $1200 for the whole car. There are tons of other parts the car can still be used for... seats, windows and motors. tail lights ect.. i just can't do the restore now and have to buy something else.. call me if you have questions 2052005760

·
Registered
191 Posts
If "the plan" was to paint anyway, why not try to get the dents out?
What you want to do is "shrink" the metal. So, strip off the paint with a feather edger, mark the dents with a magic marker, carefully heat the metal with a torch, not red hot, but turning colour, then hit the dent with a wet rag you have soaking in a pail of cold water, the metal shrinks and pulls the dent out. When you are all done prime with high solid primer and block sand.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Replace broken windows and glass and just drive it?

Plenty of broken down PT Cruisers sitting parked, there is one about 4 houses to my left across the street, that is backed in up to the garage door.

I know they are doing that to most likely hide expired registration on license plate so HOA doesn't fine them for having a car that isn't being driven.

You just spent $ to have engine rebuilt, if I were you I would just drive it, as your beater car.

PS my 2007 PT Cruiser is my beater car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'll drive it till the wheels fall off - dents and all. In fact unless its got dents, rust and makes some ungodly but harmless noises and has 100K miles, I am not even interested in it. What can I say
Cool.
Srinath.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts