Allpar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Chrysler PT Cruiser
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New on Allpar, been a PT guy since late 2018. This is my '06. Almost 160,000 on the clock. Project and daily driver. She's had a lot of extensive work and mods, figured I'd introduce her here. Feel free to ask me anything!

Mods:

Front Strut Brace
Moog Struts with Tein Lowering Springs (Progressive rate)
Full poly bushing control arms/sway bar end links front and rear
Solid Racing Motor Mounts
KYB Gas-A-Just Shocks in the rear with Tein Rear Lowering Springs (Progressive rate)
Airaid Filter Cold Air Intake System
Gates Blue Performance Timing Kit
Bosch High Output Alternator
Full Aluminium Racing Radiator (Not the usual plastic endcaps)
Retrofitted Rear Sway Bar with poly bushes
Rear Drum to Disc brake conversion in progress
Slotted and drilled Power Stop performance rotors with Mopar OEM semi-metallic pads (front)
Heartthrob Catback Dual Upswept Exhaust
Halo Fog Lights (For wrangler, but fits PT 2nd gen)
Full LED conversion, including switchback LED's
Aftermarket LED Rear Tail Lights
Sequential Mirror Blinker Repeaters
Full leather steering wheel WITH MEDIA CONTROLS from a 2006 Chrysler Sebring
LED Underglow (Fully programmable via the Android radio)
Double DIN Android Head-Unit
2x 14" Kicker Subs in the rear
6x9 Speaker Conversion in the doors
2x Kicker Amps - 1x mono for usbs, 1x 4 channel for speakers
Interior footwell blue lighting
Custom A-Pillar Gauge Pods
Full leather seat swap
17x7 Konig Wheel Swap (from standard 15")
Toyo Extensa HPII Tires
Rear Spoiler fitted from a PT GT
Carbon Fiber Hood (not in pictures - it's undergoing restoration)
OEM Mopar PT Dream Cruiser Billet Grille (Upper and lower) for a 2010 Dream Cruiser
Underdrive Pulley (Waiting to be installed)
Whipple Supercharger - To be installed. Need to figure out the install as it was intended for 01-03.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Steering part
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Wheel
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Speedometer Gear shift

·
Registered
2005 PT Cruiser Limited
90 Posts
Very nice. Pic of the back? Did you just use LED bulbs? Or a different taillight?

Reactions: junktardis

·
Registered
Chrysler PT Cruiser
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice. Pic of the back? Did you just use LED bulbs? Or a different taillight?
Thank you! I have LED bulbs in the 3rd brake light, but different tails. The LED's are fully integrated, so I should never need to replace bulbs (hopefully). Here's a few pics

This is before I did the dual exhaust mod, I have actually rotated my entire sub-box so the subs face the rear seats. This eliminated a ton of rattle, but kept the bass if I want it.

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting

This is straight on, with the OEM standard rear wiper arm and dual exhaust fitted

Automotive parking light Plant Tire Car Vehicle

And this is the most recent picture, taken a few days ago. This is with a Vauxhall/Opel Corsa C Wiper Arm mod. I was back in the UK fairly recently and picked one up as they were rumoured to fit the PT, sure enough they do! looks much cleaner than the OEM wiper arm.

Wheel Tire Snow Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
2005 PT Cruiser Limited
90 Posts
Muffler delete?

Reactions: junktardis

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thank you! I have LED bulbs in the 3rd brake light, but different tails. The LED's are fully integrated, so I should never need to replace bulbs (hopefully). Here's a few pics

This is before I did the dual exhaust mod, I have actually rotated my entire sub-box so the subs face the rear seats. This eliminated a ton of rattle, but kept the bass if I want it.

View attachment 85712

This is straight on, with the OEM standard rear wiper arm and dual exhaust fitted

View attachment 85713

And this is the most recent picture, taken a few days ago. This is with a Vauxhall/Opel Corsa C Wiper Arm mod. I was back in the UK fairly recently and picked one up as they were rumoured to fit the PT, sure enough they do! looks much cleaner than the OEM wiper arm.

View attachment 85714

I think that those LED tail lights are by IPCW..
Unfortunately, after they are used a while, as I had them on my Couture Edition, the individual LEDs started to burn out.
:(
Nothing is perfect!

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
Chrysler PT Cruiser
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that those LED tail lights are by IPCW..
Unfortunately, after they are used a while, as I had them on my Couture Edition, the individual LEDs started to burn out.
:(
Nothing is perfect!

View attachment 85748
Nooo!! These are next to impossible to get now. When I bought them, there were so many on eBay and then they all dissappeared. I guess worst comes to worse, I am an electronics hobbyist so I can repair if need be. I don't want to go back to factory looking tails, I'm not not a fan - even with LED's. Also, nice Couture Ed! Sadly never seen one in person, or a PCH edition (my personal favourite)

·
Registered
Chrysler PT Cruiser
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the touchpad switch still working on your liftgate?

If not, there's a couple of easy fixes for it, if you haven't already done it, because eventually the touchpad will wear out. ;)
Still working perfectly on the original, and I will continue to live in willful ignorance and denial that they ever break! That said, being prepared - I do have a spare that I pulled. I also don't have a standard set of Chrysler keys, I have flippy keys, but they had an option for a lift gate button. So I may have to see about programming one of those for a key-lift gate release. The replacement key housings cost me maybe $2 a piece on Aliexpress, and they were of actually good quality. Cost me $25 a piece to cut copies though, but I gave that task to a local small business

If you were wondering how they look:
Musical instrument accessory Gadget Audio equipment Cable Gas
Car alarm Eyewear Gadget Everyday carry Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Still working perfectly on the original, and I will continue to live in willful ignorance and denial that they ever break! That said, being prepared - I do have a spare that I pulled. I also don't have a standard set of Chrysler keys, I have flippy keys, but they had an option for a lift gate button. So I may have to see about programming one of those for a key-lift gate release. The replacement key housings cost me maybe $2 a piece on Aliexpress, and they were of actually good quality. Cost me $25 a piece to cut copies though, but I gave that task to a local small business

If you were wondering how they look: View attachment 85760 View attachment 85761
Those "flip" keys are nice :cool:

This is the easiest fix for a failed touchpad:

These are just the key shells and you take the guts from your old remotes, providing they are working, put them into these shells and the liftgate button on the remote works perfectly :cool:

I don't know why Chrysler didn't provide this type of fob with a new vehicle, because the liftgate pad is there on the guts, just not on the outside of the remote, which defies logic because if it's there, why not make the option available?

But several years ago when the touchpad failed, I added an alternate pushbutton switch, which is probably the type Chrysler should have used in the first place, because it's replaceable.

But I also have a spare winged assembly in case another gets vandalized like what happened to my PT a few months ago. No new winged assemblies exist, unless someone may happen to have some stashed away somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts