Allpar Forums banner

new to me intrepid !

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  motormaker1 
#1 ·
first 3.3l for me , really like this engine ! is there any after market performance available ? how much do the 3.3 and 3.8 interchange ? heads , intake etc.

#3 ·
thanks fjb , not much activity on that web site any more ! so here we go , aftermarket exhaust : 2.75 in or 3.0 in ? or can i go even bigger on this engine ? where do i find larger throttle bodies ? most of the 3.3 and 3.8 match , different crank and con rods ! found a guy to do the auto trans , cool . undercoating , what is the best for ontario canada , they use a lot of salt here ! anybody can help would love it . later , mike .

#4 ·
What year is that Intrepid, man? I didn't know they put the 3.3 in them at all. I'd like to look for one like that because I love the 3.3 in my 99 Grand Caravan. This would help me push my son away from some of the stuff he's been looking at. He is going to have to work on it himself if he doesn't get a Mopar, and he really doesn't like getting his hands dirty. If he gets a Mopar, I'll be happy to help him. I've been tinkering with cars and other mechanical engines for over 40 years.

#6 ·
I didn't know that. I may have to start looking at first generation LH cars again. I love the 3.3 in my GC and am also not too crazy about the 3.5 because of the whole timing belt, water pump thing. Reminds me too much of the 3.0 I once owned that was kind of a pain in the rear to work on. I realize the 3.5 is not mounted transversley in the LH cars, but I still found the 94 New Yorker I had a chore to work on.

#7 ·
I love the 3.5 in my '95. It is a non-interference engine, so when the timing belt let loose at 105,000 miles, it was an easy fix. Timing belt, tensioner pulley, and water pump, I was back in buisiness. Not hard to replace either. Plenty of room once the top support bar and fans are out of the way. :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.