Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
Will be getting a 1954 plymouth in the next couple of days...could use any help or info available,,would like to do a v8 swap into this and just looking for info, I can see that the steering might be a problem..just wanting to hear from anyone that has done this or knows what all is involved in dropping a v8 into one of these cars. I am getting the car complete (minus motor/trans) also will be coming with 2wd dakota rolling chassis. Is it easier to drop the body on this dakota chassis, or try to make a v8 fit into the plymouths original frame? Hope I posted in right forum, if not very sorry.
Any info would be greatly appreciated and looking forward to hearing from you all! Happy Hotrodding!
oldmusclecars1971[at]yahoo.com

also if anyone knows where old chrome pieces could be found for this car, the connections would be great! its also a 54 2dr sedan delivery...cant really find much info one these..how rare are they???

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
Sorry for the very late reply here.

Try the Jalopy Journal. I thought that Butch's Cool Stuff would have the V8 conversion mounts but; there's a gap in the coverage which leaves out 1953-54 Mopars.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Dropping a body onto a full chassis is probably more work than the motor swap itself. Start with the engine/trans in the 54 first, steering is not that difficult, especially if you swap the rack and pinion in from the Dakota, a couple steering joints will work around the rest of the engine/exhaust, this has been done before. Pretty sure Mopar Muscle has done this swap, and I think a few years back Street Rodding/Rodder did a similar swap, so there is some information out there, just have to do some searches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts