Allpar Forums banner

181 - 184 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
I guess it could be getting weak - bypassed ballast a while back to start dealing with this issue. Its a 6v coil anyway so it should take the abuse. It is possible, though. I'll put the ballast back in the circuit and swap the coil this weekend and see if it improves, but i feel like i've already been there...
6 volt coil will not take 12 volts very long b e fore failure.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Hey guys, issue persists.
If I jumper the relay and then get in the car and move the ignition switch from "on" to "off", I get a little bump of ignition, sometimes the engine will start, now it seems to be getting worse.

Only thing I know about the ignition switch is that there is the big electrical switch part that plugs into the wiring harness and then there is the lock cylinder. Is there more to this switch?

Head scratcher...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Hey guys, issue persists.
If I jumper the relay and then get in the car and move the ignition switch from "on" to "off", I get a little bump of ignition, sometimes the engine will start, now it seems to be getting worse.

Only thing I know about the ignition switch is that there is the big electrical switch part that plugs into the wiring harness and then there is the lock cylinder. Is there more to this switch?

Head scratcher...
Bump. Replaced coil. Issue persists. Starter getting noisy and slow, may replace. Also will replace negative battery cable. The "no fire during crank but will start with relay jumpered and key wiggling through off/on" persists. Thanks for any help!

181 - 184 of 184 Posts