Allpar Forums banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,146 Posts
I'm able to upload pics from my PC, but always have had to shrink them below 150KB or so. That's always been the case for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
I'm able to upload pics from my PC, but always have had to shrink them below 150KB or so. That's always been the case for me.
Got em down to bout 40k each and still getting "there was an error uploading your file" - and its instant. The server doesnt even try - just blocks me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Hey guys- chasing a weird electrical gremlin. Dome light stays on. Rheostat in headlight switch seems fine, just pulled both door switches and cleaned contacts, pulled connectors off bulkhead in engine compartment, cleaned, etc- no fix. Door buzzer works properly. Light is super bright with doors open, dims with doors closed but never goes out- also no change when headlight knob turned far left to "interior lights on" position. Head scratcher. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
20,118 Posts
If they stay on with the door closed it is the switch on the door sill itself not pushing the button enough to disengage it. The button is on the lower half of the A pillar in front, not sure where they are on the back doors, probably the B pillar about middle height of the door itself. The switch could be worn, bent, or simply not being pushed hard enough by the door.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
If they stay on with the door closed it is the switch on the door sill itself not pushing the button enough to disengage it. The button is on the lower half of the A pillar in front, not sure where they are on the back doors, probably the B pillar about middle height of the door itself. The switch could be worn, bent, or simply not being pushed hard enough by the door.
With door open it is bright. Door closed it is dim. Switch should be working. All switch does is ground the circuit to complete the circuit. Either incomplete ground or a circuit is backfeeding the bulb. Much like a dim headlight when ground is bad.

·
Premium Member
20,118 Posts
The only other possibility is power is being fed to the light circuit with melted wires somewhere else, if pushing the light switch on the door doesn't shut the lights out. I had this happen to me on my Charger when the tail light wire touched ground and shorted the wiring under the dashboard years ago.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts