Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just purchased used pt cruiser 2005 touring edition.odometer flashing between milage and
no fuse,no central locking or interior lights.fuse no:13 had been removed,replaced fuse and everything working,next day battery drained....thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
Welcome to Allpar.Why did the fuse blow (if in fact it did)?
Something is staying on. Check your hatch area and rearview mirror map lights or any power outlet accessories to start with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry fuse not blown...previous owner had taken it out...as he had same problem...chkd hatch area when central locking is operated..light goes out...dont know whether i hit fob while i was sitting in car..but alarm activated..disarmed with fob..tried to start car...dash illuminated click nothing...as if battery drained....tried it without no:13 fused..started...thanx in advance.

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
You will want the IOD (ign off draw) fuse #13 in its place or else critical vehicle components won't have battery power. If the vehicle is drawing excessive power and draining the battery, you will need to find out why. I just thought that it might be something simple like a bulb somewhere staying on, but it could be other components as well.
Any aftermarket radio, alarm, remote start or other accessory installed that might be discharging the battery?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts