Allpar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I know that a lot of styling is safety regs., but I wish they would open up the greenhouses on these coupe models. All of them seem so claustrophobic, almost coffin like. I much prefer the more open 60's / 70's style greenhouses that you were able to see out of easily, new coupes feel like incubators to me, couldn't own one.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I know that a lot of styling is safety regs., but I wish they would open up the greenhouses on these coupe models. All of them seem so claustrophobic, almost coffin like. I much prefer the more open 60's / 70's style greenhouses that you were able to see out of easily, new coupes feel like incubators to me, couldn't own one.
My guy, Klauss is what? 6'7 right? he fits perfectly i this GT and a person in the rear seats had plenty of room

·
370,000 miles
1,493 Posts
My guy, Klauss is what? 6'7 right? he fits perfectly i this GT and a person in the rear seats had plenty of room
I agree with @jimboy, and the claustrophobic feeling to me is from the lack of light, not the amount of room. The modern high waistline look on cars squeezes down the window heights so much that the interiors are darker and visibility is too restricted. That said, this Gran Turismo isn't so bad when compared to cars like the Chevy Camaro, which I couldn't tolerate.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I wasn't speaking of fitting, I was referring to the feeling of Claustrophobia induced by modern interiors due to small greenhouses. In terms of fit, modern cars are marvels of packaging, no question.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts