Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original Article:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-03/gm-shares-recalled-to-life-as-cadillac-drives-sales-surge.html



U.S. Cars
U.S. light-vehicle sales in March climbed 3.4 percent to 1.45 million, the highest monthly total for the industry since August 2007, according to researcher Autodata Corp. Full-year sales may rise to 15.5 million, the best year since 2007, according to Edmunds, which raised its forecast from 15 million this week.

The Dodge Dart, one of four Chrysler cars to set sales records last month, and Fusion are among small and mid-size models dealing blows to Japan’s Toyota Motor Corp. (7203) and Honda Motor Co., which reported smaller gains for March than analysts estimated.
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sir Moses Wellington said:
Nice. Although I don't think the Dart was a major player in that, what have their sales been like? Last I saw (which was like February's numbers) it wasn't good.
They were pointing out that Dart's increase in sales has out paced competitors increases. That's very good news.

Mike
 

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
Joined
·
4,735 Posts
I read a recent article about Cadillac sales growth and regaining gravitas. As an American I like seeing Cadillac making a comeback. Now let's get back to debating what the Chrysler brand should be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,476 Posts
Okay, I did re-read that, and yea it's about growth. So yep, that's very good. I'm glad it's at least getting somewhere. But it's def not where it should be I think. But I get why it's not there yet.
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
John Rogers said:
I read a recent article about Cadillac sales growth and regaining gravitas. As an American I like seeing Cadillac making a comeback. Now let's get back to debating what the Chrysler brand should be.
The only non-Mopar owners in my family both own Caddys. New XTS and a new CTS. Very nice cars, but they do not ride as nice as older Cads, they have more of a Euro sport feeling and the 55 series tires transmit a lot of road noise and vibration and harshness into the cabin...just like Jags, Mercs and BMW's do. The look and quality of the car is much better, but the NVH of the new generation is worse than before.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mario9

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,727 Posts
MoparNorm said:
The only non-Mopar owners in my family both own Caddys. New XTS and a new CTS. Very nice cars, but they do not ride as nice as older Cads, they have more of a Euro sport feeling and the 55 series tires transmit a lot of road noise and vibration and harshness into the cabin...just like Jags, Mercs and BMW's do. The look and quality of the car is much better, but the NVH of the new generation is worse than before.
I thought it was just me, I'm glad someone else thinks the same.
As a matter of fact, that is one area where the new Chrysler products excel in..low NHV compared to most of the competition. Take a ride in a Honda Pilot, then a JGC, Durango or Journey and see how much more quiet the Chrysler products are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,476 Posts
Chase300 said:
I thought it was just me, I'm glad someone else thinks the same.
As a matter of fact, that is one area where the new Chrysler products excel in..low NHV compared to most of the competition. Take a ride in a Honda Pilot, then a JGC, Durango or Journey and see how much more quiet the Chrysler products are.
That's something Chrysler should be proud of. Cause that's the thing they were always beaten on. That and steering feel/controls, and sometimes brakes.
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Sir Moses Wellington said:
That and steering feel/controls....
That's is mainly attributed to FWD, or what I call driving dynamics. The LX Cars don't have that problem, nor do the RWD Jeeps, or Dodge Rams.
The minivans and Journey have the best feel of the FWD cars, but the Journey I drive, is AWD and that may be the reason.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,224 Posts
dfarc said:
Just saw an ad up here in Canada, Dart 0% for 3 years.
In the US it is 1.9% for 3 years. Not a huge difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,758 Posts
MoparNorm said:
That's is mainly attributed to FWD, or what I call driving dynamics. The LX Cars don't have that problem, nor do the RWD Jeeps, or Dodge Rams.
The minivans and Journey have the best feel of the FWD cars, but the Journey I drive, is AWD and that may be the reason.
Avenger/200 V6
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
In the US it is 1.9% for 3 years. Not a huge difference.
Don't forget, the $99 per month lease. That's cheaper than a phone bill and should have them flying off the lots for folks who lease.
It's cheap enough to make people think it's a trick. However that lease rate comes with a healthy down payment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,120 Posts
Around here the ads are for 150/mo, and around $2-2.5k for the lease of really decent Dart. I don't know what the length is of the lease. Usually its 36, 40, or 48 mo's.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,813 Posts
exactly.. 1.9% is available normally right now for 60 months. 2.5% for 72 months... hell I've even seen 3.5% for 84. Rates are really low right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,758 Posts
Hmm the Ally rate is 6.9% for Dart in the Southeast.


CJDsalespro said:
with exceptional credit I can get 1.9x60mos.....and you get to keep your rebates :thumbsup:
SO basically you have to have a 750+ lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,747 Posts
I seriously lol'd at the Dart lease rates in Canada
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,758 Posts
The Dart has like a 73% residual for leasing in the SE.
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top