Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
He would have really rattled the industry if he said not only will no brands die but down the road we will either bring Pontiac or Mercury back... :)

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
There's only one way he would be able to do that. The brands except Jeep, would become region specific. I do not count Maserati or Alfa in this mix for two reasons. One, they will still continue I would assume to pitch these two brands worldwide at least in the short-term and two, the sales aren't really going in the direction they had hoped. Opel for the German areas, Vauxhall, England, Peugeot/Citroen, France and other French influenced parts of Europe and Africa. Fiat, South America and Italy. NA, as it is now. The odd brand out here may be Chrysler, although like I've stated before, a couple of those Peugeots would make excellent Chrysler CUVs.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
He would have really rattled the industry if he said not only will no brands die but down the road we will either bring Pontiac or Mercury back... :)
That would certainly raise eyebrows in Detroit and Dearborn.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
I even give 300 a better, even if still remote, chance under Tavares.
If he's a smart man, and takes a look around the market he will. The first thing that needs to be done, when and if he takes over, is fire whoever is responsible for calling the shots with Dodge, and especially the Chrysler brands. These two brands are where they are today because of FCA, no one else. It's funny, that supposedly all NA brand decisions come from Auburn Hills, but I wonder when it came to these decisions if they indeed came from Auburn Hills.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Given the corporate silence, I'll be exceeding surprised if Chrysler survives.

I want it to, but it's been long neglected.
Given this statement came on a Friday before a 3 day bank holiday, why would you expect much corporate comment.

Reactions: jclick

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
I love how you only used part of my post. I said if Auburn Hills was in charge of those decisions. If Kuniskis made these terrible decisions then yes he needs to go. Given his track record though, I doubt he was the one. My guess it was a bit higher up the food chain.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I love how you only used part of my post. I said if Auburn Hills was in charge of those decisions. If Kuniskis made these terrible decisions then yes he needs to go. Given his track record though, I doubt he was the one. My guess it was a bit higher up the food chain.
To be fair to Kuniskis he only returned to Chrysler and Dodge this past summer. He also had a plan for Chrysler to be the people mover brand (whatever that means) when he left Dodge and Chrysler to head Maserati the previous year.

Further up the chain Manley works out of Auburn Hills

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,191 Posts
Given the corporate silence, I'll be exceeding surprised if Chrysler survives.

I want it to, but it's been long neglected.
What corporate silence? The new CEO just said "no brand cuts."

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
I honestly believe that it was more then one person. It almost seems retaliatory in some ways for the failure of the 200. Marchionne threw his own team under the bus with his comments, and the Chrysler brand hasn't been the same since. I don't count Pacifica, it was too far along to be cancelled and that's all they have gotten since.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts