Allpar Forums banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts
The Sebring convertibles -- [sigh] the tops from Karmann were just awful. The old ASC tops were the most reliable in the industry.

Remember back when the PT was a new offering and it was selling well above sticker? It was very popular with the Hollywood set then IIRC.
Still enjoy mine!

Read the article ...wow. Contrary to popular opinion, ignorance is alive and well in the 21 century. If Chryler would put the PT Cruiser sheet metal onto the Dart chassis (I know, I know, easier said than done), and put the 3.2 or 3.6 into it, update the interior etc, it would be Chrysler's hottest selling car for the next five years. That's my two cents for the day....

As original owner of 2001 that i waited 9 months for it has been a great car. I still have it runs great my wife loves it. The Germans did it in,with no real updates they only cheapened it.Sergio needs to look at the first 5 years of sales numbers to see what a real sale success it was.Retro still sells build it on 200 base a little bigger and faster.

I want to take a few of them and build some retros out of the retro. A pickup was always a first, then a business coupe would be second, and I really really really want to put a 3.3 or 3.8 under the hood (to which will be the most difficult), then some RWD PT Cruisers. Still to this day think the V6 3.3/3.8 under the hood would have been a better addition than the turbo (not to say the turbo was a bad thing), but it probably would have been received better. AWD would have been a bonus, too.

"Im a PROUD owner of a rare and unique 2005 PT Cruiser SRT 4 this one was special made, it was intended for production,but it was never approved,but I was lucky and was able to grab it.
Besides being an SRT it has a unique two tone interior,seats and door. Trims are black with red,Ill post some pics of it later."

Oh really? Test and prtotype vehicles are not intended for re-sale to the public...and usually cannot be VIN'd for use on public roads as they do not meet safety specifications due to the production techniques used on test/prototype/engineering vehicles.....im not saying i dont beleive you....but a few pics, and the last 8 of the VIN would put all doubt to rest.....Plus i'd love to see such an elusive vehicle!!

SRT said:
"Im a PROUD owner of a rare and unique 2005 PT Cruiser SRT 4 this one was special made, it was intended for production,but it was never approved,but I was lucky and was able to grab it.
Besides being an SRT it has a unique two tone interior,seats and door. Trims are black with red,Ill post some pics of it later."

Oh really? Test and prtotype vehicles are not intended for re-sale to the public...and usually cannot be VIN'd for use on public roads as they do not meet safety specifications due to the production techniques used on test/prototype/engineering vehicles.....im not saying i dont beleive you....but a few pics, and the last 8 of the VIN would put all doubt to rest.....Plus i'd love to see such an elusive vehicle!!
I have been here a while, and know Mr. Source, so if he says he has a PT Cruiser SRT 4 turbo, I will gladly vouch for him, he has nothing to prove to you or anyone else. You would not have asked that if you knew him or had been here more than 5 posts.

SRT said:

Its amazing what Chrysler employees, especially management, can sometimes get away with ;)

Danno

That's a Yahoo article...Their affinity for Consumer Reports combined with their writing staff's near inability to write a coherent statement takes away any credence this article may have. If their email wasn't my personal preference, I wouldn't even go there.

willy said:
Read the article ...wow. Contrary to popular opinion, ignorance is alive and well in the 21 century. If Chryler would put the PT Cruiser sheet metal onto the Dart chassis (I know, I know, easier said than done), and put the 3.2 or 3.6 into it, update the interior etc, it would be Chrysler's hottest selling car for the next five years. That's my two cents for the day....
Well Fiat put the PT look on their A segment platform, known as the Lancia / Chrysler Ypsilon. They are now selling them in Japan using the Chrysler badge.

SRT, on 27 Feb 2013 - 07:10, said:

SRT said:

I have been here a while, and know Mr. Source, so if he says he has a PT Cruiser SRT 4 turbo, I will gladly vouch for him, he has nothing to prove to you or anyone else. You would not have asked that if you knew him or had been here more than 5 posts.

I apologize that I dont blindly trust everything on the interwebz....especially someone claiming to have a vehicle that was never in production. The amount of posts on an internet forum hardly qualifies someone's knowledge on MOPAR or anything. I simply asked for a VIN to the said vehicle, if said vehicle is indeed an SRT4 PT, then a VIN would prove that. Chrysler would have record of it, and I can tell you this......there are quite a few people in Chrysler right now that are getting a kick out of this supposed PT. So there was really no reason for the negativity.......again....a VIN or some of the Pics that were promised would be nice......

I recently joined this board, but believe me, Im not NEW to it. I just found I had some extra time, and know I could probably bring quite a bit of knowledge to this forum, as well as learn a lot. Beleive me. But as usual, people on the internet have to be confrontational.....

And to the other comment about what Chrysler Management can get away with.......Im all to familiar with that as well.

Have a good day people....

If it was never made then the VIN woudn't prove anything. It is under the hood stuff for the Turbo Cruiser and suspension mods, something that makes it handle special, externally it most likely looks the same except for the SRT badge. I agree with stuff on the internet, lots of people exaggerate what they have, but I don't think so in this case.

Mr. Source is trustworthy... and he would not license his car in the US. If he provides his VIN, everyone at Chrysler will know who he is.

DaveAdmin said:
Mr. Source is trustworthy... and he would not license his car in the US. If he provides his VIN, everyone at Chrysler will know who he is.
I still would love to see his car!!

SRT said:
SRT, on 27 Feb 2013 - 07:10, said:

And to the other comment about what Chrysler Management can get away with.......Im all to familiar with that as well.

Have a good day people....
For what its worth,

I appreciate what ALL of the Chrysler insiders bring to the table, you and Mr Source both. I know I like being able to peek behind the curtain a little bit and see what is coming from my favorite brand.

Danno said:
For what its worth,

I appreciate what ALL of the Chrysler insiders bring to the table, you and Mr Source both. I know I like being able to peek behind the curtain a little bit and see what is coming from my favorite brand.
Agreed! Keeps us "hooked"

SRT said:

I almost forgot to post several pics of my PT, I don't care if you don't believe me, I know it's true, and if you are smart enough, after you'll see them you might be able to tell us here where were those taken.

It does have a VIN same as those pre-production vehicles also have a VIN.
You'll have to work inside to see all of what can be done.

UN4GTBL said:
UN4GTBL said:
We had a replacement for the PT, it was not just a facelift, BUT Daimler canceled everything related to the next PT

Now that last part is something I would be interested in seeing as a historical archive of what could have been item that didn't happen story!

Reactions: Bill Sample
I drive a black '03 PT Cruiser GT with the sports-tuned suspension, 4-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick, and a 215hp version of the 2.4 turbo Neon SRT-4 engine. It also has 17" chrome wheels, a moon roof, "shadow dot" (faux carbon-fiber) interior panels, a silver ball shifter, dark slate gray leather interior, and 6-disc CD changer -- basically all the goodies that Chrysler offered on the PT that year other than the rear spoiler.

Almost ten years later, I still love that car. It still looks great, is incredibly practical and versatile, and it's a hoot to drive. It's a bit of a gas hog and can be overly sensitive to potholes, but I have never regretted purchasing it. With only 95K miles on the odometer, I'm hoping to have it for another 10 years!

41 - 60 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.