Allpar Forums banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Nice PT, Mr. Source - thanks for sharing the photos.
Dana 44- just replaced a 3 year old battery in my PT. The 3 yr old one had replaced the original 2 year old (free, under warranty.)
Jack - wow - that proposal would be nice with that new 3.0l Pentastar V6 under the bonnet!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Anyone noticed the rear decklid spoiler on my PT ??

·
Premium Member
20,268 Posts
Yes, I did notice that compared to the other turbo convertibles. I think it looks good.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
The tops from Karmann have a very high breakdown rate compared with the ASC tops. I don't know the reason but I'll say that on my test car, admittedly an early preproduction model, both the top and the windbreak broke.
I see..that would make since. My car was almost an 09 so maybe by then Chrysler had it figured out.

One other thing, I did notice that many failiers where due to user error, mostly leaving items in the tray and opening the top, once the side rails get bent, the tope will not work. Its all fixable but can get very expesive.

Where as the 96-2006 tops where bulit proof.

Mr.Source said:
Anyone noticed the rear decklid spoiler on my PT ??
Yes, I like it! Also noticed the belt line is silver rather then black. Too me that makes the car stand out more.

·
Fits and Finishes
1,108 Posts
A Mopar dealer loaned me a PT Cruiser. I was thankful to the dealer because I didn't have to wait there all day for repairs, but I was not impressed with the car.

Chrysler should bring back Plymouth, beginning with a new generation, quality-built, mid-sized Valiant to replace the Avenger.

Just my opinion.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I think that if they want to use common designs with Fiat, a four-door Fiat similar to the 500 in rough shape would be easily adapted into a true second-generation PT Cruiser. The 500 itself is already headed in that direction and with revised front clip sheet metal could easily pass for the PT's younger sister. A four-door in that size with the prewar front treatment could make it so.

·
Premium Member
20,268 Posts
Yes, but the problem with the one pictured is all the storage usage of the PT Cruiser is lost.

·
Registered
2003 pt cruiser, 1969 D200, 1966 Coronet 500, 1990 LeBaron Coupe
2,038 Posts
TWX said:
I think that if they want to use common designs with Fiat, a four-door Fiat similar to the 500 in rough shape would be easily adapted into a true second-generation PT Cruiser. The 500 itself is already headed in that direction and with revised front clip sheet metal could easily pass for the PT's younger sister. A four-door in that size with the prewar front treatment could make it so.
A picture of the 500L with back hatch open. Reminds me of the PT cruiser.
A picture of the back seats flipped forward just like a pt cruiser.

The interior door handles look similar to the PT Cruiser.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
That windshield on the 500L is a nonstarter for me. Wraparound glass was pioneered in the late forties. There is no excuse to have two A-pillars.

·
Premium Member
20,268 Posts
Sorry, agree with the front windshield, not a good look for me, either.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts