Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that there is not much nee coming out of our favorite car maker. Is it just my imagination or what? Love to hear what you all think.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It seems that there is not much nee coming out of our favorite car maker. Is it just my imagination or what? Love to hear what you all think.
What exactly are you expecting with the current environment - COVID pandemic and a pending merger?

·
Move along, nothing to see here
2,386 Posts
Fender flares also indicate modified suspension and huge rubber. Brakes can be different too.
But it's not new. All they've done is broaden an existing Hellcat feature to other trim levels.

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
What exactly are you expecting with the current environment - COVID pandemic and a pending merger?
That's the current excuse. But it's been several years of FCA and promises and promises of new products. Instead most are delayed or cancelled and a few make it out at a snail's pace. Past excuses were everything had to wait on the Giorgio platform because it was going to be wonderful. Still waiting on those products. Still waiting on the CUVs that were said to be coming for Chrysler the past several years. Now everything will be delayed until the merger is finalized.

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
so.... we just gonna ignore the Durangos New Interior, heavily refreshed Compass, and New Grand Cherokee coming out soon?
None of those are in showrooms, except maybe Durango refresh which was way overdue. They've been promised for years.
And that's small potatoes in lineups that are this old.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
The upcoming merger, that is almost a reality now, is IMHO THE main reason for all the product drought. When I say that, I'm not just talking this merger, I'm talking about any merger that could've been pulled off with anybody. I personally believe that Sergio felt that once the company was on good footing, a merger partner would come courting. That didn't happen right away, which called for a new plan, not the plan that's been called 5 year or whatever, I'm talking about a new plan for a move forward with or without a partner. I also believe that his perfect partner would've been GM, and for the life of me, I don't know why he would think that. It woulve been like Studebaker and Packard merging.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Right we're in the year 2019.5 because of all the craziness around us, and we are only approaching October. Things will be different in January when the 2021 models are in the pipeline. The Lx cars aren't changed much, but the rear drive based 4Xe system is the big news.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The upcoming merger, that is almost a reality now, is IMHO THE main reason for all the product drought. When I say that, I'm not just talking this merger, I'm talking about any merger that could've been pulled off with anybody. I personally believe that Sergio felt that once the company was on good footing, a merger partner would come courting. That didn't happen right away, which called for a new plan, not the plan that's been called 5 year or whatever, I'm talking about a new plan for a move forward with or without a partner. I also believe that his perfect partner would've been GM, and for the life of me, I don't know why he would think that. It woulve been like Studebaker and Packard merging.
Chrysler doesn't get any new product unless its a merger or buy out, they have to be sold or merged every 10 years to get some new product.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Worst car guy year ever. :/
I remember 1980, that was the worst. I also remember 1974 with the death of the E-body Challenger and Barracuda. the Hi-Po V8s with a four speed to back them up, and the only thing new was seat belt interlocks. BTW, GM has brought that last item back for 2021. The car car will start but won't go into gear unless you buckle up.

I can still buy a Challenger, Charger, Chrysler 300, Durango, or Ram with a Hemi. I can get a Challenger with AWD that will match the performance of some muscle cars from the early 1970s. Cramaros and Mustangs are still three season cars. The Durango has a new Hemi tow package and the SRT Durango is still offered for 2021.

I also don't mind having to "make do" with the Pentastar V6 while the straight six is under development.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I wonder where Manley will end up? He's not going to be a board member, and he's not going to be CEO. So will he go back to being head of operations for NA? Or will he retire?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Grand Wagoneer, Ram Midsize, Straight 6, TRX...
What straight 6? Vaporware
Ditto the Ram Midsize.

The lack of new product for Chrysler and Dodge shouldn't be a surprise since we were told this would happen in FCA's 2018-22 Product Plan. 75% of new product $ would go to Alfa, Maserati, Jeep and Ram; and the remaining 25% would go to Chrysler, Dodge, and FIAT for updates. The question is: what will the 2023+ plan look like. We should keep in mind that Chrysler's 100th Anniversary is coming up in 2024. If all we see are special badges for the Pacifica/Voyager and no mention of new product, we'll know for sure that Chrysler is dead.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To All,
These comments are exactly what I am talking about. We have been promised new product and it seems all we get is rehashed vehicles. I owned a 2000 Dakota R/T which was a great truck. We need product like that and others put in the pipeline ASAP. I, for one, miss the days of Iacocca and Lutz.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts