Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a bigger throttle body on my lebaron 3.0 . I think i need a new idle air control motor. Do i match the motor to the car or the throttle body. The TB came off of a caravan or something with a 52mm opening. the motor has a different part number. Oddly enough as i was looking at the part numbers they almost all cross reference . My two possibilities dont but others do.
For example wells ac306 cost 60 dollars but the cross ref is also ac150 that costs 20. they all look the same.

·
Super Moderator
31,982 Posts
1) What is the symptom that makes you want to replace the AIS?
2) Why did you put the bigger TB on? What are your goals in doing so?
3) AIS should be matched to the TB that it's being used on.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idle drops stumbles and does not go up at stop signs. if i turn on ac it moves a little.
bigger tb because i can. i have polished intake manifold and cold air intake.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the new part worked. I had to take a dremel to the end plunger. it had a lip on it that mine did not. Not bad for 20 dollars vs 60 for the correct one.

I think they are all the same , its just the way the plug end faces and the plunger end that make them different. Both had the same plunger length and number of "steps"

·
Super Moderator
31,982 Posts
Good deal, glad that solved it.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
How does the bigger TB work? I've been considering doing the same on my Spirit, I believe the Caravan 2.5 also had a bigger TB, and I'm interested in how much extra you actually get.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does the bigger TB work? I've been considering doing the same on my Spirit, I believe the Caravan 2.5 also had a bigger TB, and I'm interested in how much extra you actually get.
no way to tell unless you dyno it. I just read what other people did and what their dyno said. I have no kids so i have free time to do these things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts