Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a bigger throttle body on my lebaron 3.0 . I think i need a new idle air control motor. Do i match the motor to the car or the throttle body. The TB came off of a caravan or something with a 52mm opening. the motor has a different part number. Oddly enough as i was looking at the part numbers they almost all cross reference . My two possibilities dont but others do.
For example wells ac306 cost 60 dollars but the cross ref is also ac150 that costs 20. they all look the same.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
idle drops stumbles and does not go up at stop signs. if i turn on ac it moves a little.
bigger tb because i can. i have polished intake manifold and cold air intake.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the new part worked. I had to take a dremel to the end plunger. it had a lip on it that mine did not. Not bad for 20 dollars vs 60 for the correct one.

I think they are all the same , its just the way the plug end faces and the plunger end that make them different. Both had the same plunger length and number of "steps"

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How does the bigger TB work? I've been considering doing the same on my Spirit, I believe the Caravan 2.5 also had a bigger TB, and I'm interested in how much extra you actually get.
no way to tell unless you dyno it. I just read what other people did and what their dyno said. I have no kids so i have free time to do these things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts