Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off Super Bee and the 300 should not go together. 300 is luxury & class. It should also have serious performance options but not stripper attire. 2nd while I like the Pentastar unless its accompanied by a turbo and as long as their is a Hemi it should not be Super Bee either. Naturally these are just my opinions and you all know how much they pay me for them.

Despite this opinions the dang thing looks pretty good. I love Super Bee cars even though I would never buy yellow anything. Although I guess SB could come in other colors especially if the bee stripes were still yellow, Done right that might look really good. Anybody else think like this or am I left field?

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Because you asked (opinion):

The hockey stick type stripe accentuates a character line that does not exist in the body panel. This screams "I am a poser!" to those that subscribe to form/function attributes.

Interestingly enough, this is same character line in the last gen Charger which was an attempt to recreate the upper leading edge of the 70-74 Barracuda quarter panel - on a porky 4 door sedan! This accent was one of the many features that drew the ire of traditionalists (enthusiasts, collectors, whatever) because it rendered an ackward, out of place feature (looks like a 'cuda quarter panel was spliced into a slab-sided Bentley).

·
Registered
150 Posts
I like the SuperBee but the graphics, to me, don't make sense. Most of the graphic is covered by the spoiler and the bee in the center should be in color. Also, I would have continued the graphic to the bottom of the quater panel like a, well, bumblebee stripe. And the radio, I get the concept of "de-contenting" to bring the price down but even the lowest model Charger has the big screen. Seems like it would cost more to come up with a different dash insert and screen rather than using the same screen that is in all the others. The only other issue I have with it is that I think it should have the suede insert seats as at least an option, those things rock! I say all this because I am seriously considering an SRT Charger or Superbee and to me, I think its worth the extra $3k+ to get all the goodies.

By the way, if you search Cars.com for 2012 Chargers, there are a BOATLOAD of yellow Superbees. It seems to me like yellow cars are always the hardest to sell and they seem to linger on the lots for a long time. You can get a real good deal on them though, $35-$36k.

Whiter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts