Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just as the title say I have an old beast in fair shape that I will be getting back on the road and renovating. Runs great and I have ideas to improve it. The shell is in superb condition and everything works.
Biggest problem is the Exhaust Y pipe which seems to not exist.

I was wondering where the forum for the old stuff was?

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
It has the 360.

I've looked myself. The Walker has been discontinued. I guess some have converted to dual exhaust, but you might have holding tanks in the way. One fellow had a shop make a new crossover which is an option but sounds expensive. I suppose you could find a two into one muffler and have the shop make pipes to fit it, that way no welding would be involved.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Looks like the site is screwed up. Can't upload a picture, can't do it via the img link either.
Anyhow I did want to write I figured out my wiring problem. Lights didn't want to work and trailer lights would not function. I replaced several grounds, cleaned up many light connections in the tail lights, rewired some trailer signal feed wires like new brake and signal wires to the trailer plug.
Then I found the P.O. liked to install relays and solenoids. Took a few out and just went direct.
Last I replaced every old (no ancient) Miro-Flex running light. Every connection was green and every light was showing melting from the heat of the power attempting to get through.
Now all the lights work and the trailer functions.
Letting this thing sit for 5 years was not the best for it. Even if it was in an underground garage.

·
Administrator
35,562 Posts
I guess it doesn’t take Flickr photos.
No, you just didn't give permission for others to use it. When I try looking on Flickr, it tells me the photo is private.

You can just upload photos here. If you have problems, let me know.

Image URLs must end in .jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited by Moderator)
IMG_0838.JPG Ok tried again with

Well there you go, it worked! That is my beast. Still needs shocks, the leaf springs re-arched and a fair amount of interior work. The window you see had a leak and that ate the wood spacer frame (the frame is not really such but more of a spacer to give some meat for the window to sandwich to.) so I cut a new one and glued it in using PL construction glue. Used new putty around it and topped it off with a product called "Big Stretch".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you had any luck with your exhaust issue?
Yes and no. No Y pipe has come available since I missed the last one.
That made me take a long hard look at the exhaust as she stands. I found that where the Y pipe joins the rest of the system the clamp is rusty and loose and there is a leak there. A new clamp fixed that for now and I think it will last and year or tow longer. Considering I hardly drive it, I can wait..

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Yes and no. No Y pipe has come available since I missed the last one.
That made me take a long hard look at the exhaust as she stands. I found that where the Y pipe joins the rest of the system the clamp is rusty and loose and there is a leak there. A new clamp fixed that for now and I think it will last and year or tow longer. Considering I hardly drive it, I can wait..
Nice. It also buys you some time to keep looking. There's a crossover out there somewhere.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Easy to make one....
Any competent muffler shop can do it.
That may be but when I get a $1000+ quote for an exhaust and the parts ad up to like $400 I get to wonder. I am mechanical so if I have all new parts it wouldn't be more that a days work to put it in.
Also the Y pipe I had missed was about $85 and no shop can make it for that.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
That may be but when I get a $1000+ quote for an exhaust and the parts ad up to like $400 I get to wonder. I am mechanical so if I have all new parts it wouldn't be more that a days work to put it in.
Also the Y pipe I had missed was about $85 and no shop can make it for that.
What have you been quoted for just a Y pipe??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
$90.24 from Rock Auto just now. It showed a 3 day delay and I ordered it. I hope I actually get it. The shipping is $141 but considering any of the 3 local parts shops I go to just say "no longer available" and have told me that several times over the last few years, I will take it if I can get it. Fingers crossed. I did not order the tail pipe for $16 because I can get that locally (can't remember how much but for another $100 + shipping I will drop the money here locally. The muffler was cheap at $36 (all in Canadian pesos) so I tacked that onto the order too.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
$90.24 from Rock Auto just now. It showed a 3 day delay and I ordered it. I hope I actually get it. The shipping is $141 but considering any of the 3 local parts shops I go to just say "no longer available" and have told me that several times over the last few years, I will take it if I can get it. Fingers crossed. I did not order the tail pipe for $16 because I can get that locally (can't remember how much but for another $100 + shipping I will drop the money here locally. The muffler was cheap at $36 (all in Canadian pesos) so I tacked that onto the order too.
You can go back to the RockAuto website and see if this discount code will save you any on the shipping and/or parts? It's a code that was shared by a member of PTCL.

You enter the code in the How Did You Hear About Us box. You can't apply it to your previous order, but if it does save you anything, you would have to cancel your first order and place a 2nd order using the discount.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts