Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to order a 2012 hemi Charger Pursuit for my business. Of course, "Jake" became my daily driver.

This year, they announced that the 2021 Charger Pursuit would finally be available with the 8-speed...
So, I did it again. "Elwood" should be here in early January.

I'd love to hear from the Allpar staff: maybe they'd like to take a look at it? I'm in Delaware...

*C8 HD CLOTH BUCKET & REAR BENCH SEATS
-X9 BLACK
AHM CONVENIENCE GROUP I
AV2 INTEGRATED DISPLAY PACKAGE
CKD FLOOR CARPET
CUF FULL LENGTH FLOOR CONSOLE
DFK 8-SPD AUTO 8HP70 TRANSMISSION
EZH 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT ENGINE
GUK POWER HEATED MIRRORS W/MAN F/AWAY
HGC REAR SHELF SILENCER INSULATION
LBG FRONT READING/MAP LAMPS
LNF BLACK LEFT SPOT LAMP
LNX LED SPOT LAMPS
NAS 50 STATE EMISSIONS
PBM INDIGO BLUE
RAA ALL RADIO EQUIPPED VEHICLES
WLY ALL STEEL WHEELS

·
Registered
570 Posts
All the current Pursuit info is over at the Police/Fleet forum.

Moderators, can we move this over there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No objection here.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
CUF FULL LENGTH FLOOR CONSOLE

Thanks
Randy

Reactions: LDDE48

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Randy is right: this time, I was able to order the console from the Street Appearance Package as a separate item.
On my 2012, I had to buy a Havis console and install it after I took delivery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updates:
I plan to put very few miles on this car, so it would take me several years to wear out the Goodyear RS/A tires. I'm having the dealer replace them with Pirelli P Zero rubber, same size and W speed rating.
The top speed on the 2021 is department- (and thus dealer-) adjustable. The service manager assures me that he will set the top speed to "less than 168 mph, for safety reasons." :D
This week, I replaced the speakers in my 2012, and I plan to do this on the 2021 as soon as I take delivery. (I was going to have the dealer install them, but it's just too easy).

Thinking about a stripe on both cars:

I love that stripe. I want to put a white stripe on the Indigo Blue 2021 car, and a matching blue stripe on the white 2012. No lettering (for now), but I am re-designing my business logo.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you want to make that pop, have them made up in reflective Scotchlite.

Max top speed on the '21 Charger is 140. I'd be curious to learn if they set it higher, as it was 149-152 mph (depending on whether the car had V or W rated tires) on the V8 models since 2006. Considering the V6 models take so long to reach 140, I'd bet most agencies, or their vendors, will leave those cars wide open in the field.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've read that it comes at 140 mph, and both that it can be set as high as desired, and that it is capped at 150. The service manager will find out before I take delivery.
I deliberately chose the W-rated 225/60R18 tires (plus they're cheaper, and I'm changing them anyway). Not sure if that will affect the factory speed setting.

Great idea on the Scotchlite... thanks!

·
Registered
342 Posts
A few questions if I may.
Do the rear seats fold forward like on civilian Chargers?
Does it have column mounted shifter?
If I want one, is it a matter of calling Dodge dealers until one says they have one or they will order one? I would love to have a plain-Jane Charger with a V8.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A few questions if I may.
Do the rear seats fold forward like on civilian Chargers?
Does it have column mounted shifter?
If I want one, is it a matter of calling Dodge dealers until one says they have one or they will order one? I would love to have a plain-Jane Charger with a V8.
The rear seatback is a one-piece unit, side bolsters and all, and does not fold down.
All Charger Pursuits have the shifter mounted to the instrument panel, next to the column.
You need a FCA Fleet account to order a Pursuit.

Yeah, the "plain-Jane charger with a V8" is tons of fun. I ordered my 2012 with Bluetooth, and all the Pursuits come with it now. Fancy enough for me.

Reactions: wolfsblood07

·
Registered
958 Posts
Does anyone know what muffler/ silencer is run on v8 pursuits? I imagine they are performance oriented and quiet. I’d like to see if it will fit on my 392.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know what muffler/ silencer is run on v8 pursuits? I imagine they are performance oriented and quiet. I’d like to see if it will fit on my 392.
I thought my 2012 came with the standard R/T exhaust, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Rear seat is either HD vinyl or cloth, one piece bottom, one piece top. The gentle reader will keep in mind, that after 2010, and far more so after 2014, there is very little that interchanges between retail and Pursuit models, outside of body parts. Even assemblies with strong similarities will have application-specific changes to content and/or calibrations.

Exhaust was the same as retail through 2013. in 2014, the tailpipes are longer, to account for the lack of chrome tips.
Circa 2016, the Pursuits received their own exhaust systems on V8 models, V6 carried on with single exhaust, dual rear exit. I have my doubts that the new AWD V6 model has full dual exhaust. As far as sound goes, the air intakes on all Police/Pursuit models are wide open, no silencers. This gave them a little bit deeper induction sound. in 2017, they gave the Pursuits another Hellcat part, which is an airbox with the additional opening at the front. On the Pursuit, this amounts to a short felt extension towards the header panel. The premise there is to allow some engine breathing should the larger induction opening become clogged. The result is a fantastic impression of the old Thermoquad at WOT.

Chrysler, unlike Ford or GM, has never allowed a retail customer to order (or buy from existing inventory) a new, current model year Pursuit or SSV model. There was, for a time, a program that Fire/Rescue/EMS members could use to purchase new SSV (Durango, Ram) models, but only in certain areas, where it was allowed. I don't know if Fleet has continued that program. The closest a retail customer can get to a new Pursuit model was to have the dealer find a demo that has been titled for at least 6 months, or from leftover (previous model-year/years) stock. Yes, there are a bazillion stories out there on the internet about some clown who waltzed into their friendly CPDJE store, and ordered up that brandy-new "440 Diplomat" (or, more recently, a "Hellcat Charger Pursuit"). When I last spoke with Fleet about that, the rep simply laughed. 'Nuf said.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I understand correctly, the dealer is required to enter a valid Fleet Account Number (FAN) for the final purchaser, or it won't let them submit -- or even save -- the order for a police vehicle. Other Fleet vehicles, like ProMasters, can be ordered for stock, but not Pursuits.
(If it's an accidental loophole that any customer with a FAN can order a police vehicle, I'm damn glad they haven't bothered to close it since I bought my first one in 2012).

Got my VIN today, and it's in status D. Hoping for a blue Christmas...

Reactions: wolfsblood07

·
Registered
342 Posts
I wonder if my company would order one for an employee? They have a fleet of cars and trucks. Maybe they can let me use the FAN to get a Charger Pursuit.

·
Registered
570 Posts
They do segregate police models from other fleet models (it's a separate program - the police cars are models engineered by SRT for police use only, and like all government vehicles, are sold/ordered new via low-bid process - which is why they do not offer them to retail customers. Prior to 2013, they did allow a retail purchase, but without the Fleet Bid Assistance (or any other) discounts. Now it's no retail at all, and any current-year model must be previously titled a minimum of 6 months, and sold as "used".

The legroom issue is frustrating, and is present in every new police model produced for North America. Whether it's a factory console, or an aftermarket version, they seem determined to squeeze every millimeter of space from between the front seats. In the Charger Pursuit, with no full-length console, it's much better, but even my 5'9" frame results in my kneecap banging up against the dash panel. Combined with the rock-hard seat and buck-board ride quality, any of my old M-body squads would've been far more comfortable after just an hour or two. In fact, those cars had some of the nicest seats of any I've ever driven. Heavy foam rubber, held up with heavy springs, wide flat bottom seat cushion - you could drive them for hours and never get sore. For all of our technology, the basic design lessons are apparently still hard to learn ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Personally, I love the seats and the ride, but that's just me... :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts