Allpar Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Elwood is in status D1: "gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production"
and shows a Dealer Delivery Date of 12/5/2020.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
OK, status slipped back to D a week or so ago, yesterday was the first day of Pursuit production... and the Dealer Deliver Date just changed to 12/23/2020.
I'm not surprised... not a big deal, and the delay actually works in my favor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It went back to D1 Saturday morning. This morning (Sunday), it's still D1... but the delivery date moved UP a day to the 22nd.
Still hoping for an IndiGo Blue Christmas.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I was able to order a 2012 hemi Charger Pursuit for my business. Of course, "Jake" became my daily driver.

This year, they announced that the 2021 Charger Pursuit would finally be available with the 8-speed...
So, I did it again. "Elwood" should be here in early January.

I'd love to hear from the Allpar staff: maybe they'd like to take a look at it? I'm in Delaware...

*C8 HD CLOTH BUCKET & REAR BENCH SEATS
-X9 BLACK
AHM CONVENIENCE GROUP I
AV2 INTEGRATED DISPLAY PACKAGE
CKD FLOOR CARPET
CUF FULL LENGTH FLOOR CONSOLE
DFK 8-SPD AUTO 8HP70 TRANSMISSION
EZH 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT ENGINE
GUK POWER HEATED MIRRORS W/MAN F/AWAY
HGC REAR SHELF SILENCER INSULATION
LBG FRONT READING/MAP LAMPS
LNF BLACK LEFT SPOT LAMP
LNX LED SPOT LAMPS
NAS 50 STATE EMISSIONS
PBM INDIGO BLUE
RAA ALL RADIO EQUIPPED VEHICLES
WLY ALL STEEL WHEELS
Can anyone do this???????????????????

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Reactions: James A

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Delivery date slipped... by a whole month, into late January.

Reactions: AHBGuru

·
Premium Member
2017 Charger Pursuit AWD
609 Posts
Personally, I love the seats and the ride, but that's just me... :)
Ok,I'll admit that if you run the tires at 35 psi, vs 44 psi, then it's not quite so bad. The seats ... good Lord. I'm thinking of adding some squish to mine. The nicest seats I've ever had were in a 2000 Intrepid and the police buckets in my old M bodies. Every Charger I've ever had were either much to hard or flimsy. The seats themselves are just too small, a common complaint with many police agencies, too. That goes back to the huge center console - They shrink the seats to create more room that was eaten up by the ridiculous console.

I do see some 2021 Pursuits showing up in Fleet dealer inventories, up my way (Wisconsin).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok,I'll admit that if you run the tires at 35 psi, vs 44 psi, then it's not quite so bad. The seats ... good Lord. I'm thinking of adding some squish to mine. The nicest seats I've ever had were in a 2000 Intrepid and the police buckets in my old M bodies. Every Charger I've ever had were either much to hard or flimsy. The seats themselves are just too small, a common complaint with many police agencies, too. That goes back to the huge center console - They shrink the seats to create more room that was eaten up by the ridiculous console.

I do see some 2021 Pursuits showing up in Fleet dealer inventories, up my way (Wisconsin).
I just drove Jake 2400 miles to Tucson (in 45 hours flat, including hotel) and back. I see what you're saying about the ride -- with the tires at 41 psi hot, I swear I ran over thirty-five cents on an on-ramp -- but I still like it.
At the TX-NM border, late in my second long day on the road, there was a multi-car collision right in front of me when a car came up from behind at 90+ and plowed into a closed left lane, sending barrels flying in all directions.. I went from the center lane to the right shoulder to avoid barrels (wrong move!), then back across hard to the closed left lane, ran over a bunch of "barrel bases," and right back onto the road, driving away from the scene.
In a Charger R/T, or most other cars I've driven, I would have been... involved in the collision. I can imagine making those emergency lane changes in a really tight Camaro or Mustang, or even my dad's Saab Sonnett from decades ago, but the barrel bases would have really torn up those cars. Jake soldiered on without slowing below 50 mph. I just lifted him up this morning; not a scratch.

I can live with the ride: I DID live with it.

Reactions: GOMER

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
STILL waiting: the latest estimated delivery is the 19th.
It's still in D1, waiting for it to change within the next several days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
As of this morning, MY 2021 PURSUIT IS BEING PAINTED at the factory 🏭. It should be here in a week or two.
I'll start a new thread with the delivery video...

Reactions: Doug D and chuzz

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
KZ... Elwood is a car now!
No window sticker or build sheet online yet.
I already bought speakers, floor protection, a car cover... and reserved the ELWOOD vanity tag! (Can't believe it was available)!
He's scheduled to get 3 coats of ceramic paint sealant at my favorite detail shop.

I'll open a new thread with photos & video when he arrives.

Reactions: World14

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Super Moderator
37,490 Posts
Shoot, that only came with 225's for a Hemi?!
That's a big oof on that one, but otherwise, I like it!
Police cars don’t run huge low profile tires. They need a tire/wheel combo that holds up to abuse and is relatively inexpensive to replace.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
288 Posts
Police cars don’t run huge low profile tires. They need a tire/wheel combo that holds up to abuse and is relatively inexpensive to replace.
I can understand that, but I'd still atleast imagine a 245 with the same tall sidewall.
But that might be too tall of a tire though...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I can understand that, but I'd still atleast imagine a 245 with the same tall sidewall.
But that might be too tall of a tire though...
The factory optional tire is a 245/55R18, almost exactly the same diameter. I decided to stick with the 225s because they work well on my 2012, and I will probably upgrade the wheels & tires anyway.

Reactions: World14

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
288 Posts
The factory optional tire is a 245/55R18, almost exactly the same diameter. I decided to stick with the 225s because they work well on my 2012, and I will probably upgrade the wheels & tires anyway.
Fair enough.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I'm still in KZLD limbo, but the status I see hasn't been updated since Monday night (the 22nd)... so Elwood could be anywhere. I check the site every morning... and also at other times even though I know it won't have changed.
I promise a NEW THREAD with photos, video, and so forth when he arrives... which could be Monday, or maybe the end of March.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Elwood is in Akron, waiting for the last truck ride to Newark... could be anytime in the next week!

Reactions: dodgeismycar
21 - 40 of 40 Posts