Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Not getting much info. from the dealer or customer service. Hoping I can get some info. from some of the insiders here.

So I ordered a eight speed Hemi Ram on January 12th, I have a vin number and it went to "C" status to "D" status then back to "C" status and has not moved for almost a month. This is a 4X2 CC Big Horn, and I just seen that the 4X2 are now delayed, do not know for how long or if there is problem or what is going on, does anyone have any insight as to what is going on. What stinks about this is I sold my 2003 Ram QC and the buyer said he will wait till the 28th of February to take my vehicle. This is exactly what happened when I ordered my Challenger in 2010 slow response and no answers. Any insight into this will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

·
3,813 Posts
You are correct, the 4x2 Rams with the Hemi and 8 speed have been delayed. Here is what Chrysler has said to dealers:

• RAM 1500: Due to revised launch timing, the Ram 1500 4x2 HEMI 8-speed (26_CPOS) has been delayed. All 4x2
HEMI orders may once again be ordered with the 6-speed (25_CPOS). (Updated 02/07/13)

Basically I think they have a shortage of 8 speeds and are more interested in getting the 4x4 models out to the public than they are 4x2 models (which obviously doesn't help you or make you feel any better). I am kind of surprised they wouldn't push a customer order through, but there isn't much you can do unfortunately.

·
3,813 Posts
Unfortunately it is just the problem with ordering a vehicle with so much new equipment so early in its lifecycle. The same thing is going on with the air suspension. It is a very slow roll out. You could get it on some vehicles, but not others, then they changed that. I have a customer that has been waiting to order a Sport with the air suspension, which we keep hearing is coming, but still hasn't been released.

It is an annoyance, but I am used to it having done this for a long time now and its always the same. Same thing happened with the Grand Cherokee's, the worst is when, as a dealer, you have a vehicle on order the way you want it, then they change it because of a parts shortage and still ship it out to you, just differently configured. Happens a lot actually.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
JRS200x said:
Unfortunately it is just the problem with ordering a vehicle with so much new equipment so early in its lifecycle. The same thing is going on with the air suspension. It is a very slow roll out. You could get it on some vehicles, but not others, then they changed that. I have a customer that has been waiting to order a Sport with the air suspension, which we keep hearing is coming, but still hasn't been released.

It is an annoyance, but I am used to it having done this for a long time now and its always the same. Same thing happened with the Grand Cherokee's, the worst is when, as a dealer, you have a vehicle on order the way you want it, then they change it because of a parts shortage and still ship it out to you, just differently configured. Happens a lot actually.
Like the huge 8.4" shortage of 2011?

T

·
0 Posts
It's always nice to know some things at Chrysler never change. LOL As far back as I can remember and I'm 53 this stuff happens with customer orders. The last new ordered vehicle I bought was a 95 Ram 1500 Sport, there was supposedly a delay on limited slip rear diffs with 3.92 gears. Stayed in D status. I had an inside contact far up the foodchain inside Auburn Hills, one call to him and what do you know truck was scheduled the next day. I had it in a week.

·
3,813 Posts
I thought the initial 8 spd Ram 1500 hemi production was to start 3/4? Has that changed?
I have multiple 8 speed Hemi Rams that are due to ship out to us on 2/15/13, so unless they are gonna delay those last minute (always a possibility), I would say that it has changed. Although I never remember that being said in the first place.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Multiple people with these ordered have said theirs was to ship aprox the same timeframe as yours but the status in the last day or so went back to C. They had made it to D1 prior to the downgrade in status. Just wondered if anyone had any info on what was actually going on at the plant.

The job 1 date was 3/4. Been showing that date for some time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My dad has a Laramie 1500 Hemi/TorqueFlite 8/air suspension truck on order. The online tracking still says "scheduled for production" but the dealer told him yesterday that it's due to ship tomorrow (February 14). I hope it's true!

He ordered it about a week after the TorqueFlite 8 became available for order, if that helps at all.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nobody is in a hurry. Was just asking a question about the 8spd and it's status for the trucks. If they are building any yet.

·
Administrator
35,284 Posts
Sorry, I didn't mean to be critical. You're right, you were just asking...!

I just meant to say that I'd rather they take longer and sometimes disappoint people who are waiting, than ship anything that's questionable.

I do not want to post more articles like the one showing JD Power results from the 2010 model year ... I want to post articles like the ones from 1998 or so where Chrysler topped many of the categories...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Definitely better to wait if it helps to get it right the first time. They seem to be gaining ground on the competition, certainly don't want to lose that.

·
3,813 Posts
You can no longer even order the 8-speed in the 4x2 models. It is only available for order with the 4x4's.

4x4 models are still being built and shipping out normally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've spoken to two different dealers in Kansas and they both told me there was no way to order a Ram 1500 4x4 with a Hemi and an 8 speed trans. I called the 800 number from the ram trucks website and they told me that combination was only available on the heavy duty models. I couldn't find *any* way to configure a 4x4 truck at ramtrucks.com with a Hemi and an 8 speed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts