Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woo Hoo! Just as I was browsing the forum, my door bell rang. I answered it and there it was! UPS left a package for me and it's the owners manual and warranty book for my new 200. The owners manual is an inch and a quarter thick and has 500 pages in it, so it'll be kept in the house along with my paperwork on the car. Anyone needing information on the 200 is welcome to contact me and I'll see what I can find in the manual, in case you need information. The warranty booklet only has 36 pages. LOL

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
How different in content is the paper manual compared to the DVD?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
JA Cumbo said:
I was wondering the same thing.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,677 Posts
JA Cumbo said:
For my 2006 Ram and 2010 Journey, the content was exactly the same.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the same thing. Man, I was hoping it would have a little more information. Now I'm kind of bummed! :scared:

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to having the information physically in my hand, but so far, the DVD format isn't that bad. A bit annoying to have to look things up at my comp instead of having it at my fingertips in the car though... Although when it comes time to sell your car, it will blow the new owners mind when they see this huge tome in the glovebox. :)

·
Super Moderator
36,928 Posts
These manuals are now so bulky I wouldn't want a paper copy. In the time it takes to fumble through the table of contents or the index, I could have used the search feature on the electronic copy and already found what I needed to know.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,677 Posts
Yeah, I like having the paper manual - nice to have when you're in the vehicle unless you have a laptop or tablet. And it's much easier to find things in the electronic copy.

The Ram manual I have is definitely bulky and somewhat repetitive - covers 1500 Regular Cabs, Quad Cabs and Mega Cabs.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
It's amusing when I look at a 500 page owners manual to a new car, and I then thumb through the 50+ page owners manual to my dad's 65 Barracuda (which also covered the Valiant). :) The biggest section is the gauges and controls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts