Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 TnC 3.8 AWD. Picked up 2 - O2 sensor codes (P0134 and P0135) and 2 TPS codes (P0122 and P0120) and then a P0303 code on a misfire on #3.
Changed upstrem O2 sensor.
Changed TPS.
Put in new plugs , wires and coil pack.

Car in park runs fine, rev up and still seems smooth. Put it on road and a little load makes it start to pop.

Also originally had a P0700 code for the TCS, but I figured I would take car of that after I took care of these other codes.

The van has about 170k on it.

Can anyone help? Car has run fine till this started.

Thanks +

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Catalytic is interesting idea. Did not think of that.
Easing in to accelerator I'm not getting any problem, however, trying to go up an incline, even a minor one, it begins to pop and sputter, thus a loss in power. It seemed like it happened when it tried to downshift and the RPM went upward of 2500+. What was strange, I was able to, under smooth gradual acceleration go beyond 2500+ (on a flat run). When it shifted it was a little off (strange RPM stutter) but it did not pop.
What concerns me is that if it was the catalytic, wouldn't I get codes for other cylinders misfiring?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.