Allpar Forums banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, i found out how much the parts cost new for the addition of the console equipped with the Compass/Mini-Trip Computer - $1600! LOL!. So I am looking for one from a wrecked car and hope to pay way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay under that for it. However, using my VIIN number the parts dept was able to price out the parts, so apparently it can be done.
well I just traded the 2007 base AWD in for a 2007 touring and I completed all my upgrades for 1000 bucks dowen and 1k more than i previously owed. - Now i am happy again.

C

·
0 Posts
There isnt really any action in the Pacifica area, even though I see tons of them on the road each day!?!

Anyway, If you have had a issue fixed on your Pac, or have a problem, and want to figure it out before taking it to the dealer, post your things here!

Personally, If anyone has a issue with their pacifica, and wants some help figureing it out, and seeing what needs to be done, feel free to contact me. My pac has been in the shop 28 times since I got it, so i have experanced alot of things with these cars. I will be able to help with alot of quesitons about the Pacs, but anyone, feel free to post answers and questions here!

·
Registered
327 Posts
My wife's Pacifica is 17 months old with 11,000 miles on it. The driver's side window mechanism broke and was replaced. Other than that it has been oil changes and lots of gas.
WOW two and a half years later. The Pacifica is coming up on 4 years 30K miles and has not been in the shop for a single issue.....period. The vehicle goes to the dealer for an oil change with synthetic oil every 3K miles and only get mid grade or better gas. Seems like mileage has settled at 17 mpg city and about 22 highway. The factory Michelins are wearing a little thin and will not make it through the winter. I am looking at some new Michelins with a 65K mile warranty for $200 each at Costco. Really a very good vehicle except for the lousy resale value and so-so mileage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Didn't see this forum so i reposted again here...Sorry for any inconvenience....

This is my first post so please bare with me...

This is an 2004 Pacifica AWD-3.5 liter
Full power (all bells and whistles,all it needs is the kitchen sink)

Problems:

Leaked water,drivers side,from top front firewall behind break pedal..supposedly coming from where the windshield wiper motor is at....tried fixing not sure if it stopped...

after problems:

1)Dash lights stay on when keys are out,alarm does not work,locks don't work,and rear gate does not open...

2)No power to "on/acc",radio does not work,dash intrument lights stay on everything else shuts down...Check engine light flashes ten times and stays on.....

note:Check engine light does not stay on while engine is running or on the road...plus she run fine...

Any ideas?

Thanks...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm taking my 04 Pacifica with AWD in for the 3rd time in regards to a clunking of the transmission when shifting down from 2nd to 1st while going slowly. The first time they replaced something (I don't remember what it was honestly) and it didn't fix it. The second time they rebuilt the entire transmission (this car has 69K miles on it) and that worked for a week but then the clunk came back.

The clunk is really obvious when driving in rush hour traffic and it's audible as well as "feel-able". Really starting to piss me off as I only have 1K left on my 7/70 warranty and this is the 3rd time in. Even if it's under warranty it will take a few days to fix and will require me to foot the bill for a rental car as my dealership doesn't have loaners.

This car has been perfect until now with regular maintenance (I did have to replace the tires early due to multiple punctures on one tire (drove over a box of nails in the road). We do love this car as it has tons of space however I'm pissed about taking it in for transmission issues.

P

·
0 Posts
Well I did a litle research and found out the Compass/mini-trip module is a module that is inserted into the Overhead Console. what I will try to find out next is whether or not the cable running to my roof is more than power to the console. If it is more than just power, then I may be able to add the Compass/mini-trip module. If that works then there is probably a cable that comes off of the CMTC module that connects to the AutoDimming mirror as per the 2005 CS Pacifica Service Manual. I am gonna speak to a dealer I know about this soon and see where it takes me.

wish me luck!

EVIC is fused on dash panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2008 pacifica 40,000 miles,Rubbing sound when turning right and the vehicle leans,Does not do it all the time.Rubbing sound front right.Any ideas, thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I HAVE A 2005 AWD LIMITED WITH 19K ON THE ODOMETER AND ITS BEEN THE SHOP FOR:

1)POWER TAKEOFF UNIT
2)STEERING RACK
3)BOTH FRONT CONTROLS ARMS
4)SIRIUS SATELLITE RECEIVER REPLACED

I Will be glad when my lease is up in 2007
what were the symptoms with the control arms

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well guys, I can say that I must have a special Pacifica because it has been pretty much trouble free. It did have the 'ZAPPING' of the power seat due to the high static with the cloth interior ( which I ordered specificly because I am not a big fan of any leather interiors). In an out in a flash with no other problems. Oh I did have a purge valve code and they replaced that also. NO vehicle is perfect and I can accept these problems as possible and normal in any vehicle. The big thing was that it was fixed fast and with a smile by the dealer. I do sympathise with those of you who have had the major problems. Oh, by the way, I have a 2004 Pacifica AWD built Nov. 25, 2003.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re:DSMLVR 25 FEBRUARY 2006
My experience with my 2004 Pacifica AWD has been similar to your good results. Had to have inner & outer tie rods replaced but our local city roads are like a washboard. You gave lots of good advice on a former Pacifica forum which is no longer active.

J

·
0 Posts
04 Pacifica Tire Sensors.. Since we got this car it has been trouble free except for During our "cool" yukon (canada) winters. the service tire system goes on. First year it only happened at -40, but since soon as it goes below zero. My guess is batteries and extreem cold don't mix. I replaced 2 sensors on the rear, and they won't even let me calibrate them. I am going to order 4 new sensors from Schrader, anyone know the correct Sensor for this Early o4. Also
When service tire system goes on nothing else works in the display, anyone know if the tire system can be programed right out. If I could I would just do this every winter.
Thanks. john My email is johnf[at]yknet.ca ... Northern mopar guy.. (SnoCat)99 Prowler, 04 Pacifica, 99 Durango, 81 Ram, 66 Chrysler 300, 64 Chrysler New Yorker, and 64 Valiant 2dr.H.T.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[I have just started to have the sevice tire system soon problem. It has gone away for now but it may come back. I was going toe retrain the sencors with a magnet. I was wondering if any magnet work. Does anyone know what the magnet does? I have 80K on the 2004 Pacifica. I think it is a late build I haven't checked the date. I may need new sencors. Are there after markets that will work? [/quote]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, it appears that the rear liftgate latch motor has gone out on our Pac (2004 model, purchased July 2003). It does have the cinch feature (lightly close liftgate, latch cinch will finish closing). I can open the liftgate using the manual over ride from the inside, but latching and unlatching using the outside handle or the remote does not work (I've tested and confirmed).

I've been searching for a part number for the power latch with cinch but have not been successful. A local dealer has told me the cost of a new motor is around $170. I'm trying to find information to confirm. I would love to find installation instructions (illustrations would be nice too) in PDF format. Next step may very well be to take out the existing unit and verify part number.

Has anyone had this problem, or have information on this? Thanks in advance for the replies.

ch

P

·
0 Posts
There isnt really any action in the Pacifica area, even though I see tons of them on the road each day!?!

Anyway, If you have had a issue fixed on your Pac, or have a problem, and want to figure it out before taking it to the dealer, post your things here!

Personally, If anyone has a issue with their pacifica, and wants some help figureing it out, and seeing what needs to be done, feel free to contact me. My pac has been in the shop 28 times since I got it, so i have experanced alot of things with these cars. I will be able to help with alot of quesitons about the Pacs, but anyone, feel free to post answers and questions here!
Help, I have 2005 Pacifica Touring that has a problem with HVAC. Occasionally, while the AC is on the vents seem to close and the cool air will not come out of the vents. The AC is still producing cold air but it seems the dash and floor vents seemed to be closed. Fan speed and temp set have no effect. I have not been able to duplicate the problem, but it has happened several time. Any idea what the problemis?
Thx
PHarwood

M

·
0 Posts
I have a 2004 fwd pacifica that had a bad input speed sensor. I purchased a new one and installed it myself, all good however, my car went into "limp mode" when I took it out for a test drive. How do I get it out of "limp mode"? Is it something I can do myself?

K

·
0 Posts
I have a 2004 crysler pacifica and yesterday it decided that it did'nt want to turn off. When i turn the ignition off the engine stops but my dash lights (check engine, abs, seatbelt, etc.) all stay on and wont turn off at all unless i unhook the battery. i scanned the codes at my work however i am a heavy duty mechanic and dont know anything about cars. the codes i got were 50-body control module ignition off draw fuse open, 0c and 07 please does anyone know what these mean or whats going on.

Thank you for your time

K

·
0 Posts

I have a major problem,

I can't find a manual to work on my wife’s 2005 Pacifica with a 3.8.... We bought it used with about 45,000 miles on it.

To make a long story short Check your oil at least once or twice a month.... We have had no problem with our pacifica until it started knocking, THe Oil light never came on and there was no oil leaking... Of course my wife did check the oil and I had to put a rebuild crank case with bigger bearings.

Now here is my problem... DOn't laugh, I took pictures of everything except how the belt goes on and were the Idler Pulley mounts on that big pieces of Aluminum. Can someone take me a picture of how the belt runs and where the idler pully goes Please

Ken

Does anyone know were to get a manual

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a major problem,

I can't find a manual to work on my wife’s 2005 Pacifica with a 3.8.... We bought it used with about 45,000 miles on it.

To make a long story short Check your oil at least once or twice a month.... We have had no problem with our pacifica until it started knocking, THe Oil light never came on and there was no oil leaking... Of course my wife did check the oil and I had to put a rebuild crank case with bigger bearings.

Now here is my problem... DOn't laugh, I took pictures of everything except how the belt goes on and were the Idler Pulley mounts on that big pieces of Aluminum. Can someone take me a picture of how the belt runs and where the idler pully goes Please

Ken

Does anyone know were to get a manual
Here's an image of the belt routing per the http://www.rockauto.com website:

http://info.rockauto.com/Gates/Detail2img.html?S7009.jpg

I did a quick search on Ebay using "manual pacifica 2005" and got a few hits for the paper, CD and DVD factory manual, all used.
If you think you'd like to purchase the CD or DVD use caution and question the seller to see if it will run on W7 or Vista if that is your operating system.
Evidently some discs don't work with them.

Mike

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Here's an image of the belt routing per the http://www.rockauto.com website:

http://info.rockauto.com/Gates/Detail2img.html?S7009.jpg

I did a quick search on Ebay using "manual pacifica 2005" and got a few hits for the paper, CD and DVD factory manual, all used.
If you think you'd like to purchase the CD or DVD use caution and question the seller to see if it will run on W7 or Vista if that is your operating system.
Evidently some discs don't work with them.

Mike
I have the 2005 FSM. There is a diagram of the serpentine belt routing, but it doesn't indicate which engine it's for!

41 - 60 of 103 Posts