Allpar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Sadly it has come time for me to remove this vehicle. It's sitting in my driveway of one of my rental properties in Peterborough but it looks like I'm going to be living in Thunder Bay for years to come possibly forever and it isn't practical for me to bring the car up.

I would gladly consider selling the entire car but I'd want some cash cause it has a lot of new parts that I intent to keep for my 87.

I intend to rip just about everything out of it. The interior is already out.

It is t-top, and I have a spare set of t-top glass which I won't need (since my 87 isn't).

Transmission needs a throw out bearing but seems otherwise good. Engine seemed fine but hasn't run in maybe 3 years.

It does not roll (wheels on it are too small, just supporting it up). I no longer own a set of wheels that are big enough (wrecker didn't return them when I had them on my van which is gone). But when I remove the rotors it'll roll.

I replaced all the brake lines and put a new floor in. Axles are new. Brake system is new except for master cyclinder (all calipers etc. are new but probably rusted since sitting).

I dunno, any questions let me know. All I know is sometime that week I'll be hopping down to Peterborough to save what I can from the car and get it gone.

Thanks!
Pete

·
Registered
307 Posts
First question. Does this have the same body stylings as 90 or os it a first gen?

Does tbe driver seat have power adjustments?

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
First question. Does this have the same body stylings as 90 or os it a first gen?

Does tbe driver seat have power adjustments?
87-91 is gen 2, most but not all parts are the same.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed it's generation 2 (the pop up headlights).

The drivers seat is completely power and last time I checked (3 or 4 years...) it was all functioning. That thing weighs a TON though.

I don't remember the mirrors being broken but I can't guarantee.

Pete

·
Registered
307 Posts
Im gonna guess that your too far away for me to pick up a seat tho.
Oh. Do you have loovers? Id like to get them.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha no loovers, I wish.

Ummm Peterborough is in Ontario, Canada. I see you are in miles so I'm guessing not Canada... Well the seat is already out of the car sitting in the garage, so I'll just leave it there for the time being just in case you or someone else can make use of it in the future. I don't see myself ever installing it just cause it's soooo heavy but perhaps it could be of use and it's not costing me anything to sit in my garage.

Also just to update anyone the dates I will be tearing apart the car are the 21st-23rd. Anything small I can bring back with me and ship when I get home.

Pete

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm interested in getting a T2 airbox. Any idea what you'd want for it, including shipping, to Maplewood, MN 55119?

·
King
3,488 Posts
what color interior?
I need both front sunvisors.
If they are taupe in color.

Maybe TII Air box and hoses if a good price could be had??

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interior is grey...

I'll check out the airbox and hoses, should be fine as far as I can remember. I'll bring them back with me and get shipping quotes next week.

Pete

·
Registered
307 Posts
do you have a pic of the seat fabric?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Car scrapped. Job went well, though very exhausting alone!

I didn't save the headliner, sorry!

The airbox I saved but it has a big hole in it, so I'm guessing you don't want that.

I kept the seats, but don't have a picture.

Pete

·
King
3,488 Posts
I saw a T2 airbox at englishtown with a hole in it too.
What the Heck rubs up against it?????

I also saw a 568 5 speed with pedals shifter and cables.
(Tempting very tempting)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts