Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am parting out a 1969 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback M code car. I have a good PA title. The car itself is rusted to death but has a ton of good useable parts. The Vin on the car is BH29M9BXXXXXX. This translated to B - PLYMOUTH Barracuda ("A" Body), H - High(price Line) , 29 - 2 door sports hardtop (body Style), M - Special Order 8 Cylinder engine, 9 - 1969, B - Hamtramck, Michigan (assembly Plant).

I have'

The original 440 HP2 engine block (#2536430-5 dated 2/25/69 and also stamped 440 HP2),
Original intake manifold (# 2806178 dated 7/22/68
Original exhaust manifolds (Left # 3462017, Right # 2863900) dates are not readable,
Big Block K Frame,
8 3/4 rearend.

The car still have the automatic console, bucket seats, instrument cluster, steering column w/wheel, most of the glass. front end parts, ect. I have most of the parts for the motor except the heads. I also have a bunch of pictures of it if you want to see anything. I was planning on parting the car out but may sell it complete. The car is located in Meadville, PA 16335. This forum requires a price for every ad so I am saying $10,000 for everything and we can go from there. 814-795-7444

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
In all fairness, thats a supa dupa rare A Body.

Not too many Allpar people are into the classic resto/ muscle car scene really.

You should try Hemmings, or the ForAbodiesonly.com forums, Moparts.com etc.

If you are real game, see if the Barrett/Jackson type muscle car auctions sell cars like this.

Regardless of how rusty it is (people can rebody), as long as the original engine/trans and unique rare BB parts are there (exhaust manifolds), it may be worth giving it a basic assemble, put the engine back in etc so it looks like a complete car, and sell it that way. Then it is all there for people to see it.
No idea what it would be worth as it is, but I would think that a genuine nice 69 Dart/Cuda 440 car would be over 100K.
So one needing a full build might still be 20-40??
10K would be a very good price, and yes it would be a 30K+ resto, but a very rare Mopar to a well healed Mopar collector or enthusiast...rarer than Hemi cars.

Put the word out, open to realistic offers Over 10K, even to the Mopar resto companies.....you might be surprised at the interest.
Good luck with the sale. :).

·
Super Moderator
13,931 Posts
dartndodge said:
In all fairness, thats a supa dupa rare A Body.

Not too many Allpar people are into the classic resto/ muscle car scene really.

You should try Hemmings, or the ForAbodiesonly.com forums, Moparts.com etc.

If you are real game, see if the Barrett/Jackson type muscle car auctions sell cars like this.

Regardless of how rusty it is (people can rebody), as long as the original engine/trans and unique rare BB parts are there (exhaust manifolds), it may be worth giving it a basic assemble, put the engine back in etc so it looks like a complete car, and sell it that way. Then it is all there for people to see it.
No idea what it would be worth as it is, but I would think that a genuine nice 69 Dart/Cuda 440 car would be over 100K.
So one needing a full build might still be 20-40??
10K would be a very good price, and yes it would be a 30K+ resto, but a very rare Mopar to a well healed Mopar collector or enthusiast...rarer than Hemi cars.

Put the word out, open to realistic offers Over 10K, even to the Mopar resto companies.....you might be surprised at the interest.
Good luck with the sale. :).
All excellent points there since a factory 440 A body is extremely rare and even a rustbucket can (probably) be rebuilt since said 440 cars are as pricey as you stated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts