Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my repair garage repair the window switches on the drivers door(the unit broke loose and had to be glued to the door panel) and now the passenger window will not work with either switch. could there be a blown fuse on the unit? which fuse number should i check to see if it is blown?

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
I don't know about a fuse, but it could possibly be a broken wire in the area where the door opens and closes.

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
No fuses, but check the switches and wiring.
Either side p/window needs both switches to be in the correct position and conducting through the contacts or neither one will work. Even when in the off or neutral position, the one switch will feed the switch +/- on the other side.
No modules to go through, it is a pretty straight-forword series/parallel arrangement. While it may look overwhelming at first follow the +/- sides of the motors eo see what turns them on to raise or lower the glass. The polarity swaps to reverse the motor direction.
The switches do come apart to clean the rocker and terminal contacts. Years of oxidation starts arcing and eventually the switch no longer conducts. Sometimes working the switches up/down will get them working a little longer if contact resistance is the problem.
Wiring diagram here:

http://www.sebringclub.net/board/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=1956

1 - 3 of 3 Posts