Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1992 B250, finding the right PCM /computer for it has been a real pain. After checking with a Dodge Dealer- parts dept, found that a local Parts Store had sold me the wrong one. Well these guys guarantee 3 day service and lifetime warranty cost $159 plus shipping ($10.90 return shipping) So we shall see by next Friday I suspect or Sat when it is returned.
Their info >>Contact Chris 904-999-4336 or [email protected]
I'll be back with either a highly recommend or a dud report.

·
Super Moderator
37,234 Posts
I used the eBay remans twice, I just forget which company. But they were in Florida like the place you mention. Once to swap a stock computer back into a used Dakota I had (deleted the premium only performance computer) and the second time for a Hemi Magnum. They were plug and play, properly programmed with mileage and VIN.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
I used the eBay remans twice, I just forget which company. But they were in Florida like the place you mention. Once to swap a stock computer back into a used Dakota I had (deleted the premium only performance computer) and the second time for a Hemi Magnum. They were plug and play, properly programmed with mileage and VIN.
Well Valiant, Chris at this shop told me something I did NOT know for 92 Mopar trucks, applicable to PU and B series Vans, they are all identical regardless of P#. Of course my next question was -- "so a PCM from a 92 PU, with "X" Code would work in my "B" Van with "X" Code,?? " he said yes and visa versa with "Y and Z" Codes, thats all that matters is correct for the engine, and yr. My Dakota is still down in my barn and maybe soon I can get on it, but kind of looking at a pushed pin in the plug on the pump module.[/QUOTE]

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
I have to disagree. They are not identical. While a PCM for a different application may start and run another vehicle with the identical terminal pin-out, the internal software and calibration is different.
It may light the 'ck eng' light in cases where the PCM is looking for hardware (solenoids/sensors, etc) that aren't there or it may violate emissions laws (Fed/CA).

See p. 48 here for the correct application:
http://www.billavista.com/tech/pdf_index/files/Catalogs/Mopar - Remanufactured Parts - 2002 Catalog.pdf

1992 AB Body w/3.9L MPI, Fed, RFI, AT
Use part # 4741523, R4741523 (reman), 56028757 (w/o RFI) or 79-1523 (Cardone). There may be other aftermarket numbers.

An example:
PROGRAMMED PLUG & PLAY 92 RAM VAN V6 3.9 ECM ECU CONTROL MODULE 56028757 8757 | eBay (at https://www.ebay.com/itm/PROGRAMMED-PLUG-PLAY-92-RAM-VAN-V6-3-9-ECM-ECU-CONTROL-MODULE-56028757-8757-/172786290160?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c4#viTabs_0 )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts