Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a photo of a 71 Fury (360 CID) engine compartment? My car is mostly stock but the air conditioning components had been removed by a previous owner who saved all the components. I have some rebuilt replacements on order and would like to see how everything was originally laid out. Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
I don't believe that the 360 was available in 71 Plymouth. It was introduced into the 71 Chrysler Newport Royal. However, a 318 would look identical.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
68RT said:
I don't believe that the 360 was available in 71 Plymouth. It was introduced into the 71 Chrysler Newport Royal. However, a 318 would look identical.
Actually; the 360-2V was a factory option starting 1971 in the big Plymouth, it even had a '360' callout on the front fender next to the side marker light.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you have the compressor mounting hardware the rest is fairly straight forward. The hoses will run along the passenger inner fender. Hard lines will be towards the front going to the front core. They are pre bent so they really only fit one way. Coming from the fire wall are threaded connections. Not sure where the expansion vale is located. Check out EBAY and see if anyone is selling one. You can also try BING or Goggle and do an image search for a 71 Fury, or a 71 NewPort. Any C body from that year should use the same set up.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
covertopps said:
If you have the compressor mounting hardware the rest is fairly straight forward. The hoses will run along the passenger inner fender. Hard lines will be towards the front going to the front core. They are pre bent so they really only fit one way. Coming from the fire wall are threaded connections. Not sure where the expansion vale is located. Check out EBAY and see if anyone is selling one. You can also try BING or Goggle and do an image search for a 71 Fury, or a 71 NewPort. Any C body from that year should use the same set up.
So should 318 powered cars; the external engine/accessory mtg positions are identical I suspect. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try to get yourself a FSM for 1970 Plymouth Full size cars (or C body) for the correct details/info. I could not live without mine. That should indicate what your looking for via diagrams or detailed images. Only source I would trust as being truly correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts