Allpar Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
MoparNorm said:
When the CAB. Was still functioning, we discussed bringing back the Pentastar and I thought it was going to be done, however now with Fiat owning and operating Chrysler, it's unlikely.
It is a nice touch and a gold one would look awesome in the side of my new commando green JKU.

Nice job!
Anyone seen hints of trademark logo for the expected unified company ... the company which I, with tongue in cheek, have called : 'ChryFi' ?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
When I can get the paste button to enable, it takes me to a box that says because of my browsers security settings it cannot acces my clipboard directly and to paste in this new box using Ctl/Cmd + V but that does not work either. I haven't changed my settings since Wednesday when I could post pictures without any problem. What's going on here? I'm stumped. It was so easy before, now nothing!!

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,794 Posts
Number on the bag was 0463 0238
Thanks, plymouth1! I don't know why paste isn't working. I am looking forward to the "new, fewer bugs" upgrade coming "soon."

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I figured it out. I can't just copy and paste from where my pictures are stored. I can copy them from somewhere I post them like my FB.
Here is a photo of the bag Dave

Dave said:
You have inspired me to get my own pentastar... got a p/n?

A few more personal touches are now added. Stripes, Scat Pack Bee's on both rear windows and a Mr. Norms dealer tag. All that's left is an R/T emblem on the deck lid and solid raised white letter tire kits.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,794 Posts
Thanks for the photo of the bag. Looks like it's from a 1996 Cirrus. Was hoping it was a gold one - guess those are from Imperials! It's on my to do list. $16 plus shipping for the pentastar - I might wait and get it at Carlisle next year, or wait for my next big parts order.

... oddly 04630238 does not come up as a valid part number. Oh, wait, 4630238 does. Never mind. Around $18,

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Not sure exactly what they put these on originally. The package date is 2013-05-01 so they must still make them, or at least repackage them if the PN's change over the years.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
I seem to recall at one Carlisle show that a new Challenger owner noted that his was actually from the factory - perhaps as an option in some obscure package?

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
Pentastar is cool. Scat Pak Bee is okay. The others.............

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'd bet over 99% of people will not know the Norm's tag is ancient history. I love red and white, had to break up all the white. I hate blackwall and whitewall tires thus solid white letters coming later. The good thing is if I ever change my mind about anything they can come right off! Personal tastes plain and simple!

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,165 Posts
plymouth1 said:
I'd bet over 99% of people will not know the Norm's tag is ancient history. I love red and white, had to break up all the white. I hate blackwall and whitewall tires thus solid white letters coming later. The good thing is if I ever change my mind about anything they can come right off! Personal tastes plain and simple!
When I was looking at a SE v6, I had my eye on a True Blue one. I was thinking a set of silver stripes that follows the rear fender kickup would have looked great on it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I test drove a true blue V6 to see if I liked the Avenger or not. It is very nice in person.

I thought about putting a red stripe there on mine but have decided the Hood to Fender stripes are enough.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Dave said:
Thanks for the photo of the bag. Looks like it's from a 1996 Cirrus. Was hoping it was a gold one - guess those are from Imperials! It's on my to do list. $16 plus shipping for the pentastar - I might wait and get it at Carlisle next year, or wait for my next big parts order.

... oddly 04630238 does not come up as a valid part number. Oh, wait, 4630238 does. Never mind. Around $18,
Go to a salvage yard! You can get it free or almost free, like $1 if bundled with other things. I found mine on a 95 Neon..

·
Registered
8,776 Posts
Nice!

I'm not an "add-stickers" person, (in fact I take badges off lol) but if not over done and you like it, enjoy!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just out of curiosity, Plymouth1, did you cross-shop the Dart, and if so was it the Pentastar V6 that made the difference in your choice?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts