Allpar Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
fsvoboda said:
Just out of curiosity, Plymouth1, did you cross-shop the Dart, and if so was it the Pentastar V6 that made the difference in your choice?
Not sure if he did, but I did when I bought the 200. For me the price and V6 are the reason I got the 200 over the Dart. The Dart had all the cool toys, but the price and lack of more powerful engine are what killed it for me.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Dave said:
Problem with junkyards for those things is cutting the stickytape.
I just pulled it off with my fingers. And used some 3M badge adhesive to put it on.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Jaime said:
Not sure if he did, but I did when I bought the 200. For me the price and V6 are the reason I got the 200 over the Dart. The Dart had all the cool toys, but the price and lack of more powerful engine are what killed it for me.
My son recently got a Dart, and I think he went for the toys and mpg. Also, he and his brother had been driving a Sebring since 2008, so he wanted something really new and different. 200 is definitely a nicer Sebring, though.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
fsvoboda said:
My son recently got a Dart, and I think he went for the toys and mpg. Also, he and his brother had been driving a Sebring since 2008, so he wanted something really new and different. 200 is definitely a nicer Sebring, though.
Had I a been able to get hte Dart Limited for $22k like the My 200 Limited, I would have been sold. But at the time there were no Rebates and the dealers did not seem too keen on working with me on the price, as they did with the 200.

·
Super Moderator
38,338 Posts
Dave said:
I meant to attach it to the new car.
You haven't had fun until you've had to attach a junkyard Cordoba script emblem to a car. Once you clean off the old adhesive then place the 3M tape on it. Use a combination of razor blade and manicure scissors and trim the tape to the shape of the emblem. You'll either end up with a nice looking emblem for your car or go crazy during the process :)
And little bits of emblem tape stuck to everything around you.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,164 Posts
- its got that muscle dodge look that I really like!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Dave said:
Right, that's my issue with using double faced tape, I'd rather just spend another $10 and get something pre-cut...
Black 3M badge and trim adhesive glue... Works great!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts