Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
They can test all they want I bought a 13 ram.
It not fancy nor does it have a Hemi but its awesome.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
dakrt99 said:
It was easy to predict that Ford would win. Ram will never beat Ford at anything.
While I agree that Ford is needlessly and unnaturally favored, I don't agree that Ram never wins. Ram has one an awful lot of match ups in reality.
Perhaps Ford one out because of the inflated towing numbers, something people like to hold up a lot. What ever the case, I agree that it's a sham, but it's nice to see that at least it's rated above GMs work. And at least some people see the truth behind it.

Reactions: Nimbus9

·
Registered
132 Posts
This shootout was *extremely* poorly done to the point that it reeks of the pro-ford bias that people have been claiming pickuptrucks.com has for years. Arbitrarily adding points for manufacturer's stated payload/to ratings without having an objective test to see how they perform under such? The Ram winning all acceleration tests *except* for the loaded bed test (where it got killed). Requiring 4x4's but not having a *single* offroad testing procedure? Mark Williams own scorecard showed that he had a heavy bias towards the Ford. Fix the tests that were obviously broken and take out the arbitrary points awarded to the F150 for manufacturer claims and the Ram 1500 wins this handily.

What is disappointing is that the F150 is actually a great truck. But it was not good enough to win over the Ram in this competition so stupid comparisons were made and (it would appear) at least one test was absolutely screwed up, all in ways that benefited the F150 *just enough* to eek out the win.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
The Ram only lost by ~15 points total. Not bad considering it gave up nearly 64 points on having the lowest payload/towing - even lower than the Tundra, who are the only ones to follow SAE guidelines.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yeahhh...within the first 15 seconds of covering the F-150, one could tell from the tone of his voice that he cashed that check from FURD before the testing git started...lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts