Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's 1993 Dodge Dynasty broke a rear spring perch. He is not a happy camper. Needless to say, we are having a hard time finding a rear axle assembly to replace the rotted right one. My mechanic does not want to do a weld job because it may affect the integrity of the suspension, although it may come down to that. Does anyone have one they are willing to part with? I do not know what other cars could be compatible. I have a 1990 Dodge Daytona that will be parted out to his car(engine components, mostly) and my new project, a 1989 Chrysler Lebaron convertible. My mechanic told me that the Daytona's rear axle will not fit on the Dynasty. Of course, that is the only part that isn't rotted on the undercarriage. Figures. So if anyone can help me out, please email me directly at hazeleyedbeauty1967 at yahoo dot com. Please do not post to the forum. I live in zip code 07419 for reference.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Hamburg NJ
1989 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible 2.5 ltr. automatic
1990 Dodge Daytona 2.5 ltr. automatic 4 door base model
1993 Dodge Dynasty 2.5 ltr. automatic 2 door base model
1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 ltr. automatic

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have welded steel 1/4 thick plates on 4-5 of these and it beefs them up better than new. I then no longer worry about them coming thru again. Of course you have to be a good welder. if it does anything it increases the integrity of it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts