Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93 Mini Van, 3.0 2WD
Long story short
About 3 weeks ago, cooling hoses start cracking and loosing fluid on highway.
I was adding first stuff that I could find in gas station, not knowing it has to be ATF+3. I must added 5 or 6 bottles until I had a chance to replace both hoses.
Few days ago, I noticed hard shifting from 3rd to 4th, above 45 MH, than two days ago, when I was backing up, whole transmission would shake. Yesterday morning, no reverse at all.
Now, when I shift to reverse I can hear it and engine is making that "clang" noise, but it just doesn't do anything; pressing gas paddle gives just that "zzzzzz" slipping noise.
Also, last several days I noticed some bubbles on dip stick, like small foam.
I took out two quarts of oil, using upper cooling hose, and add two bottles of Lucas Tran Fix.
Reverse is still engaging when is shift to it and if I am on level, car is slowly going back but pressing gas still gives me that "zzzzzz" sound, slipping noise.

Any opinions on this problem
or a new transmission is my only choice?
Thank you

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Four speed.
Pan is going down today; I was waiting for gasket; local Auto Parts does not have it in stock, had to be ordered

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forget the gasket. It's trashed.
I kind of knew that, but didn't want to know that, lol
Anyway, since I need a car for my job, I'm still driving it.
Took out another 4 quarts of oil (black and burn) through cooling hose, and add new ATF+4.
I'll take another 4 quarts tomorrow and add this time 2 ATF+4 and 2 Lukas, hopping that transmission will last for another 4 weeks.
Than it's gonna be a time for junk yard; to bad, Voyager has been served me well for a time I had it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.