Allpar Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It would have been nice if the shop had saved a sample of the old fluid that they removed, along with the filter and pics of the material in the pan.

It had been mentioned, in an earlier post, that the trans had been serviced at a Firestone shop, and there is the possibility that they did not use the correct fluid.

I know it may be a long shot, but if the wrong fluid had been put in the trans, and it can be attributed to their service work, if the trans is toast now, it may be worth your while to go back to them for some relief.

Of course, the person that had that original service work done would probably have to make any claim, and since you bought the car, you would have no standing, but the seller might help you out, under the circumstances.

Do you know how long ago Firestone serviced it?
It had to be a couple of years ago. The shop took pictures, didn't get them. Firestone did not completely remove all the fluid.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I know this shop did the best job because he had the equipment. Mike did say the next 2003 PT cruiser that comes in will be $90 more because he had to pull the front cowling to get to the hoses, offered to give him extra money, he said "no" he will stick with the original quote. I can tell the difference in the trans on the way home.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Here's your bill in case anyone doesn't want to download it:

At least the shop got all the old fluid out and refilled with the correct type. ;)

From when your neighbor had it serviced, does he still have the original receipt? If so, from then to now how many miles had been put on it since the service was done by Firestone?

I wish you luck with it. :cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank You all for the great input, will take it for a good ride and see if the code comes back, gear 4 is @ (75/77) the top and that will be my only problem, the trans feels real good around town and not jumping like it did before. If the P0740 returns I will change out the Trans. the car is going to my Grandson and I want no problems. I'm sure he will be on this site after I give it to him.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here's your bill in case anyone doesn't want to download it:

At least the shop got all the old fluid out and refilled with the correct type. ;)

From when your neighbor had it serviced, does he still have the original receipt? If so, from then to now how many miles had been put on it since the service was done by Firestone?

I wish you luck with it. :cool:
Thank You

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Took the 2003 Turbo for a long trip since having the fluid changed, no codes came up, not even a number 1 out of three warnings before going into limp mode. Changing the fluid completely I believe was the repair.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Took the 2003 Turbo for a long trip since having the fluid changed, no codes came up, not even a number 1 out of three warnings before going into limp mode. Changing the fluid completely I believe was the repair.
Just keep your fingers crossed that that took care of it :D

21 - 28 of 28 Posts