Allpar Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,458 Posts
You can't properly flush the engine with a hose in the radiator because the cold water will close the thermostat and stop the flush through the engine.

·
Super Moderator
37,458 Posts
So there is no way to flush it out of the dexcool?
To flush the entire system, you need one of those kits that splice into the heater hose and allow you to flush. Otherwise you flush mostly just the radiator.

·
Super Moderator
21,476 Posts
I see ASTM D-6210 meets MS-9769. A list of substitutes:

DaimlerChrysler MS 9769 Approved
Ford WSS-M97B51-A1 Approved
MTU/DDC Approved
Detroit Diesel 7SE298
Deere & Company Approved
Mercedes Benz Approved
Cummins 14603 Approved
ASTM D6210
Perkins Diesel
CAT
GM 1825M / GM 1899M
TMC of the ATA RP 329
GE Wind Turbines

Always dispose of old coolant and other spent automotive fluids properly. Thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Doe
I see ASTM D-6210 meets MS-9769.

DaimlerChrysler MS 9769 Approved
Ford WSS-M97B51-A1 Approved
MTU/DDC Approved
Detroit Diesel 7SE298
Deere & Company Approved
Mercedes Benz Approved
Cummins 14603 Approved
ASTM D6210
Perkins Diesel
CAT
GM 1825M / GM 1899M
TMC of the ATA RP 329
GE Wind Turbines

Always dispose of old coolant and other spent automotive fluids properly. Thanks.
Does that mean it will work in my 2011 dodge grand caravan. I am getting ready to put it in???

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
The D-3306 and D-4340 are NOT compatible. Only D-6210 is.
Those two standards were on the back of the antifreeze that says it will meet all vehicle types. I do not care if they are compatible. I simply asked if this antifreeze will work in my van. It is NAPA extended life coolant.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,896 Posts
So there is no way to flush it out of the dexcool?
Either use the kit Valiant67 mentioned or use what I call the poor man's flush:

Drain whatever coolant is in the system, refill with water, run engine until it's up to operating temperature, drain (repeat until what is drained is clear). After final drain refill with the proper 50/50 antifreeze mix (meets Chrysler MS-9769 - HOAT). Recommended to use distilled water.

But BEFORE flushing you should identify the leak since you appear to be losing coolant. Could be a loose clamp, cut hose, or possibly the water pump is weeping and needs to be replaced.

As to compatible coolant, it must meet Chrysler MS-9769 standards. Mixing different types of coolant is not recommended. I would go by the manufacturer's recommendations before I would go by any coolant label (unless the label indicates it meets MS-9769).

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Thank you so much for giving me the name of the kit. I cannot find the MSDS sheet anywhere for the Napa Extended life Antifreeze Coolant and i alreafy flushed and put it in my van. It took me all of this time to finally find information that says i need to use Zerex G-05 so now i guess i will have to get another radiator flush and buy the G-05. The napa says it is compatible but i cannot find information that says it is MS-9679 compatible. Crap, just wasted more money on it. NAPA AUTO PARTS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TELL PEOPLE OR HAVE IT ON ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS THAT IT WILL WORK IN ALL MODELS AND COMPATIBLE WITH ALL COOLANTS. I EVEN CALLED THEM BEFORE I PUT IT IN AND THEY ASDURED ME THAT IT WAS. FUNNY THING I CANNOT FIND THE DATA SHEET ON IT.
SO, i guess i am going to now go buy the Zerex G-05 and that is the thing I needed to know before buying the Napa. I do not have an owners manual except on dvd which i cannot find at the moment. Thank you for your help.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts