Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a thread on here full of PCM troubleshooting. Search 00 ram van NoBus.
I listed everything I did, and links to more troubleshooting beyond that. 5v reference shooting, etc. From what I can tell, even jeep cherokees have the same wiring overall, so most should be right or at least similar on yours. A factory service manual set made a world of a difference though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I believe what ultimately cooked my PCM was a coolant temp sensor that had internally fallen apart, possibly mixing 5V and gnd circuits to the PCM. Everything appeared fine, and it ran fine aside from random PCM stalls.Near the end of my troubleshooting, the coolant temp gauge died, when I went to unplug the sensor, it pulled in half from internal corrosion. Even if all your factory wiring is good, and everything works, a sensor or something could be intermittently shorting out and attacking the PCM. Slowly killed it before, fully degraded enough to cook it this time.

12V circuit seems more likely to burn things than small 5v reference, but still worth checking both before putting another PCM in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.