Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know why a few of my posts are being deleted and removed without any notice, these were general comments. If a users post is deleted for any reason I think its reasonable to have a PM letting the user know exactly why so we know not to make the same mistakes.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
This should not happen. If a post is inappropriate, it either gets reported to or noticed by a moderator. If edited, the post contains info about who and when, and the moderator should post why. If deleted, then it was serious enough that a warning or a message should have been sent to you. This is how it should happen, and I have not seen any reports about your posts or any dialog among moderators. Can you tell us what forum or what topic(s) you are missing, and roughly when?

I can still see several of your posts about Dart GT and 200 spy shots. Can you see them? Perhaps you are having a technical issue.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can still see them, the one that I noticed was missing was one I made in the 200 Spyshots thread and was removed without warning. I have no issues with one being pulled if I broke a rule, would have liked to know why it was pulled is all. It was a link to a Car and Driver article about all of the new spy shots. I see all members post links but wonder if I don't meet some other requirement of some type.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave said:
Depends. If you actually included the photos, they would have been yanked at the request of the spy photographer or C&D. We do get regular takedown requests and respond immediately to them if they’re valid (all but one have been).
It was just a link to the page, is that wrong? I see it all the time so assumed it was ok.

No big deal, just was asking.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
Dave, it looks like you hid his post on Sep 20, along with another member's on the same page. That other person has a notation "spam link".

I noticed that when I read the thread, it appears that the posting editor is inserting hyperlinks to eBay ads when it finds key words. For instance BEEAH's first two posts in that thread have links to a coffee grinder and some perfume on eBay. I think these were inadvertently created by the posting software, perhaps tied to advertising for the forum?

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Thanks Bob, I wondered why there was a bunch of eBay banners popping up from those posts.
They appear to be gone now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts