Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 Town &Country has power sliding doors. The passenger side slider does not power open or close from the fob, the overhead console or the B pillar unless the engine is on. Driver side works normally with engine on or off.
Power lock on this one door is weak at times too except when engine is on.

Any suggestions on where my problem is?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
. . . . power sliding doors. The passenger side slider does not power open or close from the fob, the overhead console or the B pillar unless the engine is on. Driver side works normally with engine on or off. Power lock on this one door is weak at times too except when engine is on. . . . .
Clue to this issue is the fact that the engine must be running for power sliding door to function. With engine stopped door will not electrically open and close. With engine off electrical system voltage is around 12.6 volts. With engine running electrical system voltage is around 13.6 - 13.8 volts. A 1 volt increase in the system allows the power door to operate. That indicates there is a poor connection / excessive resistance in an electrical connection somewhere.

Check ground G301 in the attached image. It is the common ground for the power door lock / unlock motor and the power sliding open / close motor. It would be located under the carpeting near the right side door openings. Check for corrosion, tightness, frayed / broken connector.

Right Sliding Door Ground Location.gif

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clue to this issue is the fact that the engine must be running for power sliding door to function. With engine stopped door will not electrically open and close. With engine off electrical system voltage is around 12.6 volts. With engine running electrical system voltage is around 13.6 - 13.8 volts. A 1 volt increase in the system allows the power door to operate. That indicates there is a poor connection / excessive resistance in an electrical connection somewhere.

Check ground G301 in the attached image. It is the common ground for the power door lock / unlock motor and the power sliding open / close motor. It would be located under the carpeting near the right side door openings. Check for corrosion, tightness, frayed / broken connector.

View attachment 20563
Great help. That was exactly it. I did get in a hurry and did not disconnect the battery. It made me have to reset my body control module fuses to get the door locks back in working order but the power door and slider door lock actuators are working well. The sliders work from the fob and overhead console but not from the B pillars. That is good enough for me for now.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
. . . .The sliders work from the fob and overhead console but not from the B pillars. . . . . .
If neither left side nor right side B pillar door open / close switch activates its respective door, then check fuse #11 in the IPM / fuse box in the engine compartment. If the left B pillar switch functions properly but not the right B pillar switch, then check the switch assembly itself.

B Pillar Power Door Switch Fuse 11.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts