Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a 2004 PT Cruiser Limited Edition 2.4 Turbo.

I have been working on power steering.
I replaced the high pressure line, pump, and reservoir. Not fun jobs. NO room to work.

I still have a slow power steering leak.
It does not increase when the pump is running.
I think it is the connection between the reservoir and the pump, but I'm not sure.

The connection between the pump and the reservoir seems poorly designed. There are no threads or screws to connect the two where they meet. There is a mounting plate on the reservoir that screws into the sides of the pump.

Is anyone familiar with this pump and housing? How do you ensure that the housing and pump are properly fitted together? Am I missing something obvious?

Thank You for any help,
Jeremy

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,734 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. There are 2 styles and you can buy reman pumps with or without the reservoir.
I figure that yours is the pump with the reservoir sitting on top of the pump?
There is an o-ring seal on the standpipe between them?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The boss on the job, purchased the reservoir and then the pump separately. Started with a leak in the high pressure line, fixed that, then there was a crack in the reservoir, then the pump quit... Finally have it all back together, but still have a leak.

Very similar to the pdf you sent the top left one. Also as in the following attachments. Not the same as we ordered but the pictures match.

There is an O-ring seal and pipe between them.

Thanks,
Jeremy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts