Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

It is not at a critical stage yet but I will need a PS pump and the high pressure hose. Does anyone have any brand or supplier recommendations?

I'm going to check on Mopar and if that seems out of line or no longer available, I'll probably start with Rock Auto.

My alternator came off a '98 Voyager from a local salvage yard so I'm also open to seeing what they have that is compatible,

Thanks,

Musikmann

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
I found a good set of PS hoses from Rockauto last year for my 92 Dakota, can't remember the brand, but it was a major one. Maybe Goodyear, I think. Affordable and worked fine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob, I'll see what they have.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found several PS pumps at a wrecker 50 miles from me so I'll drive over to see what they look like. Rock Auto had a Gates hose for less then $20 and if that is the right part, they are getting another order from me. At that price I'll probably replace both of them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think I got the PS hose from Rock. Many years before that I bought a kit to rebuild my PS pump and rebuilt it myself. It was not difficult to do.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
That was it, I bought Gates for about $23. I replaced it proactively in my truck, the metal part was corroding because it was underneath the battery tray. I decided to get parts for the 20-yr old truck while I still could.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DCTZ said:
I think I got the PS hose from Rock. Many years before that I bought a kit to rebuild my PS pump and rebuilt it myself. It was not difficult to do.
I asked a friend if there are any rebuild shops around here and he said "no". If I knew what was involved I might be able to do that too. It still works so many something as simpe as new gaskets would do the trick. I'll see what I can find on the www.

Bob Lincoln said:
That was it, I bought Gates for about $23. I replaced it proactively in my truck, the metal part was corroding because it was underneath the battery tray. I decided to get parts for the 20-yr old truck while I still could.
They had 4 brands total but Gates was the only name I recognized. That's the replacemnt serpentine belt I have on there now (NAPA made by Gates). All the rest were less expensive and a couple were closeouts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The tech told me to add PS fluid with conditioners and it was low so I added a few ounces. When he has it up in the air for the front suspension we will see where that stands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts