1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Situation until recently:

Key fob locked/unlocked passenger side, but not driver side

Driver's lock switch locked/unlocked passenger side, but not driver side

Locks did not autolock after driving a bit, though I've seen them do so in other Grand Caravans.

All power windows functioned normally

Situation Change - now:

Key fob locks/unlocks passenger side front door only, not sliding door nor any driver's side doors

Driver's side and passenger side lock switches do nothing

Locks still do not autolock after driving a bit, though I've seen them do so in other Grand Caravans.

Driver's side power window functions normally. Passenger side window won't go down, no sound when switch is engaged in window down position. Motor can be heard trying to roll window up when switch engaged in window up position.

Because all the passenger side locks went at the same time as the passenger window, and because EVERYTHING works when it's below 5 degrees (celsius; calm down) I'm guessing there's a dirty ground or other high resistance somewhere. Is there a common failure point? Or a suggestion of where to look / test?

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
The 2002? I believe that there was a TSB for a BCM flash for sporadic power lock operation. If you disconnect, pause and reconnect the battery, does the proper operation come back?
The 'autolock' feature can be toggled on and off. The owners manual may give the procedure for this and it can be done with the scan tool.
Other than that, it does sound like a body wiring issue. I would start at the affected doors and move back towards the BCM.
The sliding doors have 'B'-pillar contact buttons that could get dirty or corroded.
The front doors have wires that can flex, fatigue and break at the body-to-door harness.
The window problem may be with the window motor/regulator assembly. Check for ~12 volts at the lift motor when raising or lowering the glass..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts