Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
About 10 years ago I paid nearly $500 for parts and labor for my car. So it sounds right. If you could do it yourself, you could probably get out of it for about $250.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,683 Posts
That probably sounds right. Neighbor across the street had to have the fuel pump replaced on her Taurus wagon - was in the $600 USD range at a local shop. That was about 6 months ago.

About 10-12 years ago ti cost me ~$400 to replace the fuel pump on the '92 Acclaim I had at the time. It was done at a local shop.

·
Radioactive
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I have never paid for one before, and I have not established any relationship with this dealer yet.

Mrs is at the point where she thinks the van is not reliable. I keep telling her $600 now and then is better than $600 every month.

"But you put $3000 in to it a few months ago!"

"That was 10 months ago... do the math."

- Jeff, aka "he who sleeps on couch"

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Several factors will affect the price of the replacement pump and the overall cost for this repair. Is the 3.3L V6 designed for Flex - Fuel, ie. E85 ethanol? If yes then the replacement pump has seals designed for the more corrosive nature of ethanol. This will increase the pump cost by $80 - $100.

Does the vehicle have Stow N Go seating where the 2nd and 3rd row seats fold into the floor? If ;yes that increases the cost of the replacement pump. I saw such a price distinction on the site Oreillyauto.com when viewing replacement pumps.

If you are a handy do-it-yourselfer you can avoid a big repair shop markup on the pump and do the repair yourself. If you order parts from rockauto.com you save quite a bit in expense.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just did it in my 1998 Town and Country 2 weeks ago, Mopar pump, $550 dollars installed at a Chrysler dealer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts