Ram 1500/2500/3500

All models + $185

Ram 4500/5500

All models + $210

--oh2o

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Was content added? Or is it just a just cause we can increase? Not that the increases are insane or anything just wondering.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I take this to be the prices that we will see on the new 2014 models when the configurator finally is up and going for the 14 model year, or do this include the 2013 leftovers too??

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No content changes related to the increases*. The prices go into effect with all vehicles shipped today.

In addition, prices on some options have also been increased.

*exceptions:

- The 200 Touring (Sedan Only) 4-Speed automatic is now available on the 24U or 25U package with a $500 MSRP Credit.
- Avenger SE: Blacktop & Rallye are now reduced to only $395 MSRP - representing a $200 MSRP reduction and a very
compelling walk for 18-inch aluminum wheels, dark-tinted headlamps, rear body color spoiler and either body color or
gloss black grille.
- Avenger SXT: New 4-speed Automatic available with the 2.4L 4-cylinder (24U / 25U CPOS), that includes a $500 MSRP credit
- Charger SE: walk to the 8-speed automatic has been reduced by $200 MSRP to $1,100 MSRP, making it that much more
compelling for the increased performance and fuel economy benefits - 0-60 mph in 6.4 seconds and +4 mpg (31 vs. 27).

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Ok so there have been decreases along with the increases thats good to know.

·
3,813 Posts
Jeepnut said:
Ok so there have been decreases along with the increases thats good to know.
This happens fairly often, base build prices increase or decrease pretty regularly by these amounts and from what I understand simply reflect a change in the cost to build the car, so either supplier price increases or something of the sort.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
lol. So there is no change in cost to equip a Charger SE with the 8 spd. But you'll pay more than before with out it.

I am going to venture a guess. In the upcoming year, the Charger and 300 get a minor refresh, the 8 spd debuts for the hemi, and the 5 spd disappears entirely.

Assuming that the plant is up to speed of course. I imagine it's nearly time to do away with the 5 spd entirely. And I would guess the base charger will see another modest price increase at that time (similar to the Durango)

·
Super Moderator
36,935 Posts
The fleet (Charger police) market will probably determine if the 5 speed stays or goes. I could see the 5 speed going away for the 300 but hanging around for the Charger until the police market firmly embraces the 8 speed.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Don't forget, the 5 speed is still used in the Wrangler, so it will likely remain until the new Wrangler comes in what ever year they decide.
The Wrangler re-do and plant expansion keeps slipping back and is probably now set for 2017.
They should be able to provide another 200,000 8 speeds by then.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
looks like the industry is following a trend. Seems like a bunch of people have surplus money. Being retired am getting g priced out of the market I guess thats the way it always is.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
valiant67 said:
The fleet (Charger police) market will probably determine if the 5 speed stays or goes. I could see the 5 speed going away for the 300 but hanging around for the Charger until the police market firmly embraces the 8 speed.
Good point, I hadn't initially considered that. The 5 speed, with the 300's current price should definitely be gone from it. But it the police depts aren't fully on board with the 8 spd, then I can't imagine they'd want to give up their progress.
MoparNorm said:
Don't forget, the 5 speed is still used in the Wrangler, so it will likely remain until the new Wrangler comes in what ever year they decide.
The Wrangler re-do and plant expansion keeps slipping back and is probably now set for 2017.
They should be able to provide another 200,000 8 speeds by then.
I forgot about the wrangler using that transmission.
jerseyjoe said:
looks like the industry is following a trend. Seems like a bunch of people have surplus money. Being I am getting g priced out of the market I guess thats the way it always is.
What, are you wondering how people afford new cars all the time? Yeah, I kinda feel like that too. But the real kicker is how absolutely awful the used car market is. I mean just horrendous. Well great if you beought a new car. But I'll tell you, 3 year old Chryslers (vehicles in general) are depreciating WAY slower than they did when I bought my previous cars.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
look like my Challenger is my last new car, not bad, I'll leave at that.

·
Administrator
35,284 Posts
I do not see Chrysler keeping an assembly line running just for five speed automatics, but they are also used in the Jeep Wrangler, so until Wrangler is replaced, we will see the five speed Mercedes automatic in police cars -- unless Ford releases their ten speed, and then the police will decide more speeds are better, just like they suddenly decided front wheel drive is good, turbos are good, and SUVs are good, all because Ford did them.

Of course when Jeep did XJ SUVs, and Chevy and Dodge did front drive, those were absolutely unacceptable, and even poorly performing rear wheel drive was better. Now rear wheel drive isn't important because Ford doesn't have it.

Anyway, just a reminder that LX is not the only Chrysler Corp vehicle using five speeds.

·
Administrator
35,284 Posts
look like my Challenger is my last new car, not bad, I'll leave at that.
Or maybe you should look at the next generation Challenger. The eight speed is awfully attractive (unless you have a stick, then I don't know what the advantage would be — a nicer interior?)

·
Registered
719 Posts
bumonbox said:
What, are you wondering how people afford new cars all the time? Yeah, I kinda feel like that too. But the real kicker is how absolutely awful the used car market is. I mean just horrendous. Well great if you beought a new car. But I'll tell you, 3 year old Chryslers (vehicles in general) are depreciating WAY slower than they did when I bought my previous cars.
Although bad for used car buyers, this is good for Chrysler overall. It means people are finally starting to appreciate the quality and value of their cars, and they are holding their resale value better.
Dave said:
Or maybe you should look at the next generation Challenger. The eight speed is awfully attractive (unless you have a stick, then I don't know what the advantage would be — a nicer interior?)
The 8 speed shifts supposedly in 50ms. Not a driver anywhere in the world that could shift a manual that fast...not even close.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
l think there is a limit to the number of people willing to make payments for 7 years and the fact that used cars are close to new car prices I believe people will keep their vehicles longer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts