Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan and I've had problems with the transmission since the first week I've had it. It's now 5 years later and probably 15 visits to my Chrysler dealership trying to get this fixed.

Symptom: When the weather is warm, the tranmission will often hang-up and not shift from 3rd to 4th gear (at least I think these are the gears). I'll accelerate to 40-45 and the RPMs will red-line and if I continue to push it the transmission will go into limp mode. I can often get it to shift by letting off the gas and it will lurch harshly into the next gear. The hotter it is outside the worse this problem becomes. It's also gotten progressively worse over the years to the point now where it regularly goes into limp mode. This summer the lurching and clunking of the transmission has become much more pronounced as well.

Results: Chrysler has replaced the speed sensor twice as this is the only 'code' they every get. They have 'flashed' the transmission firmware and flushed the transmission and changed the filter. They just keep telling me that without a 'code' they don't think anything is wrong. I can replicate the problem and they'll just want to flash the firmware again.

I have the 7 year/70,000 power-train warranty so I want Chrysler to find the problem and fix it. My vehicle only has 42,000 miles on it.

Any advice on getting this fixed?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.