1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
The article would not pull up for me, assuming lack of parts to build. Just not good lots of North American plants coming to a halt.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The article would not pull up for me, assuming lack of parts to build. Just not good lots of North American plants coming to a halt.
Strange. Link works here. Hopefully, Dave's link works.

·
Jeepaholic
5,896 Posts
The chip shortage has been and will be creating headaches for the automotive industry for some time to come, that’s for sure. That big boat plugging up the plumbing of the Suez exacerbated things, though that issue has been solved and ships are moving again. That illustrated one thing though...diversity of parts sourcing from different countries can still be adversely affected if trade routes are disturbed or obstructed. Hurricanes, volcano eruptions, floods, etc...annnnnnnnnnd big boat blockages.

Reactions: tlc

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,192 Posts
Yup. The Suez incident was pretty minor in overall impact, despite the queue, but it illustrates just how crazy the global economy has become. While it's good that China has an incentive to not actually get into shooting wars with Australia or the USA or Canada, it does tend to destroy local economies and jobs, waste an absurd amount of fuel and resources, and create massive underclasses with no real hope of rising up.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Is there any ETA on production resuming? I am really getting an itch for a new Scat Pack Charger, and local inventories are very, very low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts