Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched all over this forum and google, and haven't found a solution that applies to my situation. I want the car to lock the doors once I reach 15 mph, and unlock when I put the car in park, a useful and sometimes safe feature with Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge. The manual in my car says that I must contact the dealer and for a 'Nominal charge, I can have the car programmed.' In an economy where stealerships are most avoided, I want to try and do this myself. I have seen the later models of the Cirrus that involve turning the car on and off 4 times then locking the car, with no avail. I read something about programming with the key FOB's too, but the procedure was not explained. Does ANYONE know how to program this car's BCM to do this? Or does it need to be programmed with a DRB-III? What I'd give to have one of those and NOT pay several grand...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i'd hate to say it, but this is pretty much Cut and Dry. According to my 1997 Digital Factory Service Manual (its Different in my 1999 Paper Factory Service Manual) you HAVE to use a DRBIII, or an advanced enough scantool like an OTC Genisys, Pegisys, or Nemisys.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. Well I guess it's time to start looking into buying a scanner. They have many models for sale though, how do I know which is advanced enough? Does it have to say it supports DRB-III? And how can I tell that it can do more than just scan information, that it can change information in the BCM? Anyone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts