Allpar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2009 pt cruiser that shuts down while driving or wene its been parked no warning or check engine light I can get it to start by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery changed the ignition switch and battery can't pull codes because the car is shut off also no headlights or instrument cluster lights checked my battery cable and fuze box all in excellent condition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone,I have a 2009 ptcruiser that randomly shuts down wene driving or parked, headlights and instrument cluster fail also no warning or check engine light I can start it it by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery changed the ignition switch and the battery checked the positive cable to the fuze box excellent condition can't get it to shut off by jiggling wires can't pull codes because the engine shuts off sometimes the car would start back up after a period of time. Does anyone have any advice on this thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,709 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. You have a main (battery/alternator) electrical open somewhere.
Does anything electrical work when it dies? Things may look in 'excellent condition' from the outside and not in plain sight.
The time to diagnose this is when it is in failure.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
. . . ,I have a 2009 ptcruiser that randomly shuts down wene driving or parked, headlights and instrument cluster fail also no warning or check engine light I can start it it by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery changed the ignition switch and the battery checked the positive cable to the fuze box excellent condition can't get it to shut off by jiggling wires can't pull codes because the engine shuts off sometimes the car would start back up after a period of time. . . . .
I would suspect a poor ground connection for the TIPM (totally integrated power module). Check ground G102 on the left strut tower. It may have several eyelets stacked onto the connection. See attached image. If that does not solve the random vehicle shut down, then more detailed diagnosis on individual circuits will be required.

Font Slope Parallel Circle Symmetry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone for responding so quickly wene the car dies there is no electrical it goes completly dark I checked the grounds on the side wall and there good also already changed the ignition switch twice about the altenator open wouldn't this drain the battery I'm skeptical because I get no battery warning light and if my battery was drained I wouldn't be able to restart the car after disconnecting and reconnecting it I usually wait about 5 minutes that said I'm pretty much a novice at this so I could be missing something here with my logic also changed the altenator a short while ago I'll recheck my work.

·
Super Moderator
22,709 Posts
If you are losing battery-powered items, the ignition switch is not involved. I think that your issue is somewhere with the wiring under the hood.
Maybe between the battery (-) and body ground or battery (+) and PDC (fuse/relay) box?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are losing battery-powered items, the ignition switch is not involved. I think that your issue is somewhere with the wiring under the hood.
Maybe between the battery (-) and body ground or battery (+) and PDC (fuse/relay) box?
That is what I think is going on, I will have to wait for it to fail I read a article on the top 5 flaws with the pt cruiser and the no 3 flaw described my problem perfectly they said its a computer glitch but would a computer Mal function take out my cluster and headlights?

·
Super Moderator
22,709 Posts
It might. I wouldn't read too much into what the internet says and diagnose this properly. I prefer to take any electrical issues on a case-by-case basis. People are sometimes too quick to blame the computer modules because they are mysterious and convenient.

The instrument cluster is the CCN (cabin compartment node) or EMIC (electro-mechanical instrument cluster) module. It can run self-tests and store useful fault codes.
Make a list of things that work and things that don't work to look for shared possible causes. We can then start diagnosis. Let's pick on the headlamps.

Headlamps - The headlamps are requested when the left multi-function switch control knob is rotated to the headlamps ON detent position. The SCM reads the resistor multiplexed input from the left multi-function switch and sends an electronic exterior lighting switch status message over the LIN data bus to the EMIC, which relays an electronic exterior lighting switch request message over the CAN data bus to other electronic modules in the vehicle.

Read: The SCM is the steering column module which talks over the LIN bus to the EMIC which talks over the CAN bus to the TIPM to turn on the headlamps.
It may seem to be a complex way of doing things but it saves having to run wires for every little thing. It is called Multiplexing.
If a wire breaks or the headlamp switch fails open. The headlamps will automatically turn on, defaulting to 'on' for safety.

This is what I would look at for diagnosing a no-headlamp situation:

Rectangle Font Circle Number Pattern

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number

Ignore the Switch-Bank below. It is for headlamp leveling used on some export PTs.

Rectangle Slope Font Schematic Parallel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It might. I wouldn't read too much into what the internet says and diagnose this properly. I prefer to take any electrical issues on a case-by-case basis. People are sometimes too quick to blame the computer modules because they are mysterious and convenient.

The instrument cluster is the CCN (cabin compartment node) or EMIC (electro-mechanical instrument cluster) module. It can run self-tests and store useful fault codes.
Make a list of things that work and things that don't work to look for shared possible causes. We can then start diagnosis. Let's pick on the headlamps.

Headlamps - The headlamps are requested when the left multi-function switch control knob is rotated to the headlamps ON detent position. The SCM reads the resistor multiplexed input from the left multi-function switch and sends an electronic exterior lighting switch status message over the LIN data bus to the EMIC, which relays an electronic exterior lighting switch request message over the CAN data bus to other electronic modules in the vehicle.

Read: The SCM is the steering column module which talks over the LIN bus to the EMIC which talks over the CAN bus to the TIPM to turn on the headlamps.
It may seem to be a complex way of doing things but it saves having to run wires for every little thing. It is called Multiplexing.
If a wire breaks or the headlamp switch fails open. The headlamps will automatically turn on, defaulting to 'on' for safety.

This is what I would look at for diagnosing a no-headlamp situation:

View attachment 83542

View attachment 83543

Ignore the Switch-Bank below. It is for headlamp leveling used on some export PTs.

View attachment 83544
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info,there's definitely more to the headlights than I thought it's a good place to start do you know of any good tutorials on automotive can bus systems? So far the pt has not acted up so I won't be able to do any diagnosis yet why does it restart when I disconnect and reconnect the battery again thanks for all the help.

·
Super Moderator
22,709 Posts
Listed below are some of the fault codes that could be in TIPM memory. I included the headlamp and battery/ignition power distribution codes that could point us in the right direction.

I also included a blurb at the bottom about the CAN (controller area network) that the various modules use to pass information between themselves. The internet has good information about vehicle communication buses.

The driver has no indication of TIPM, etc. codes other than the symptoms of something being wrong. There is nothing like a 'ck eng' light that the PCM uses to notify the driver of stored fault codes.

• B162B-LEFT LOW BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
  • B162C-LEFT LOW BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
  • B162F-RIGHT LOW BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B210D-BATTERY VOLTAGE LOW
    • B210E-BATTERY VOLTAGE HIGH
    • B212F-IGNITION RUN/ACC CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B218B-IGNITION RUN/START 1 CONTROL CIRCUIT OVERCURRENT
    • B218C-IGNITION RUN CONTROL 2 CIRCUIT
    • B1630-RIGHT LOW BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
    • B1633-LEFT HI BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B1634-LEFT HI BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
    • B1637-RIGHT HIGH BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B1638-RIGHT HI BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
    • B2104-IGNITION RUN/START CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B2105-IGNITION RUN/START CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
    • B2106-IGNITION RUN/START CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
    • B2122-IGNITION RUN CONTROL 1 CIRCUIT LOW
    • B2123-IGNITION RUN CONTROL 1 CIRCUIT HIGH
    • B2124-IGNITION RUN CONTROL 1 CIRCUIT OPEN
    • B2184-IGNITION UNLOCK RUN/START CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B2185-IGNITION UNLOCK RUN/START CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
    • B2188-IGNITION START CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B2206-CURRENT VIN MISSING/MISMATCH
    • B2215-FRONT CONTROL MODULE INTERNAL (TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER MODULE)
  • P127E-FUEL PUMP CONTROL CIRCUIT 2 OPEN
  • P127F-FUEL PUMP CONTROL CIRCUIT 2 OVERCURRENT
  • U0001-CAN C BUS CIRCUIT
  • U0021-CAN B BUS (+) CIRCUIT OPEN
  • U0022-CAN B BUS (+) CIRCUIT LOW
  • U0023-CAN B BUS (+) CIRCUIT HIGH
  • U0024-CAN B BUS (-) CIRCUIT OPEN
  • U0025-CAN B BUS (-) CIRCUIT LOW
  • U0026-CAN B BUS (-) CIRCUIT HIGH
  • U0027-CAN B BUS (-) SHORTED TO BUS (+)
  • U0100-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH ECM/PCM
  • U0121-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE
  • U0141-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH FRONT CONTROL MODULE (TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER MODULE)
  • U0151-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH OCCUPANT RESTRAINT CONTROLLER (ORC)
  • U0154-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION MODULE
  • U0155-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH CLUSTER/CCN
  • U0167-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH INTRUSION TRANSCEIVER CONTROL MODULE
  • U0168-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH VEHICLE SECURITY CONTROL MODULE (WCM)
  • U0184-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH RADIO
  • U0186-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH AUDIO AMPLIFIER
  • U0195-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH SDARS
  • U0197-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH HANDS FREE PHONE MODULE
  • U0199-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH DRIVER DOOR MODULE (LEFT WINDOW REGULATOR MODULE)
  • U0200-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH PASS DOOR MODULE (RIGHT WINDOW REGULATOR MODULE)
  • U1108-ADDITIONAL CAN B ECU DETECTED

DESCRIPTION
The primary on-board communication network between microprocessor-based electronic control modules in this vehicle is the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus system. A data bus network minimizes redundant wiring connections; and, at the same time, reduces wire harness complexity, sensor current loads and controller hardware by allowing each sensing device to be connected to only one module (also referred to as a node). Each node reads, then broadcasts its sensor data over the bus for use by all other nodes requiring that data. Each node ignores the messages on the bus that it cannot use.

The CAN bus is a two-wire multiplex system. Multiplexing is any system that enables the transmission of multiple messages over a single channel or circuit. The CAN bus is used for communication between most vehicle nodes. However, in addition to the CAN bus network, certain nodes may also be equipped with a dedicated Serial Controller Interface (SCI) or a K-Line serial link bus to provide direct communication between that node and certain sensor inputs or a diagnostic scan tool connected to the industry-standard 16-way Data Link Connector (DLC) located below the driver side instrument panel.

There are actually three separate CAN bus systems used in the vehicle. They are designated: the CAN-B, the CAN-C and the Diagnostic CAN-C. The CAN-B and CAN-C systems provide on-board communication between all nodes in the vehicle. The CAN-C is the faster of the two systems providing near real-time communication (500 Kbps), but is less fault tolerant than the CAN-B system. The CAN-C is used typically for communications between more critical nodes, while the slower (83.3 Kbps), but more fault tolerant CAN-B system is used for communications between less critical nodes. The CAN-B fault tolerance comes from its ability to revert to a single wire communication mode if there is a problem in the bus wiring.

The added speed of the CAN data bus is many times faster than previous data bus systems. This added speed facilitates the addition of more electronic control modules or nodes and the incorporation of many new electrical and electronic features in the vehicle.

The Diagnostic CAN-C bus is also capable of 500 Kbps communication, and is sometimes informally referred to as the CAN-D system to differentiate it from the other high speed CAN-C bus. The Diagnostic CAN-C is used exclusively for the transmission of diagnostic information between the Totally Integrated Power Module/Central GateWay (TIPM or TIPMCGW) and a diagnostic scan tool connected to the DLC. The DLC also has circuits connected directly to the SCI bus circuits of vehicles that are so equipped.

The TIPM is located in the engine compartment near the battery. The central CAN gateway or hub module integral to the TIPM is connected to all three CAN buses. This gateway physically and electrically isolates the CAN buses from each other and coordinates the bi-directional transfer of messages between them.

·
KOG
7,235 Posts
Listed below are some of the fault codes that could be in TIPM memory. I included the headlamp and battery/ignition power distribution codes that could point us in the right direction.

I also included a blurb at the bottom about the CAN (controller area network) that the various modules use to pass information between themselves. The internet has good information about vehicle communication buses.

The driver has no indication of TIPM, etc. codes other than the symptoms of something being wrong. There is nothing like a 'ck eng' light that the PCM uses to notify the driver of stored fault codes.

• B162B-LEFT LOW BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
  • B162C-LEFT LOW BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
  • B162F-RIGHT LOW BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B212F-IGNITION RUN/ACC CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B218B-IGNITION RUN/START 1 CONTROL CIRCUIT OVERCURRENT
    • B218C-IGNITION RUN CONTROL 2 CIRCUIT
    • B1630-RIGHT LOW BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
    • B1633-LEFT HI BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B1634-LEFT HI BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
    • B1637-RIGHT HIGH BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B1638-RIGHT HI BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
    • B2104-IGNITION RUN/START CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B2105-IGNITION RUN/START CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
    • B2106-IGNITION RUN/START CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
    • B2122-IGNITION RUN CONTROL 1 CIRCUIT LOW
    • B2123-IGNITION RUN CONTROL 1 CIRCUIT HIGH
    • B2124-IGNITION RUN CONTROL 1 CIRCUIT OPEN
    • B2184-IGNITION UNLOCK RUN/START CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B2185-IGNITION UNLOCK RUN/START CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
    • B2188-IGNITION START CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
    • B2215-FRONT CONTROL MODULE INTERNAL (TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER MODULE)
  • P127E-FUEL PUMP CONTROL CIRCUIT 2 OPEN
  • P127F-FUEL PUMP CONTROL CIRCUIT 2 OVERCURRENT
  • U0001-CAN C BUS CIRCUIT
  • U0021-CAN B BUS (+) CIRCUIT OPEN
  • U0022-CAN B BUS (+) CIRCUIT LOW
  • U0023-CAN B BUS (+) CIRCUIT HIGH
  • U0024-CAN B BUS (-) CIRCUIT OPEN
  • U0025-CAN B BUS (-) CIRCUIT LOW
  • U0026-CAN B BUS (-) CIRCUIT HIGH
  • U0027-CAN B BUS (-) SHORTED TO BUS (+)
  • U0100-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH ECM/PCM
  • U0121-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE
  • U0141-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH FRONT CONTROL MODULE (TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER MODULE)
  • U0151-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH OCCUPANT RESTRAINT CONTROLLER (ORC)
  • U0155-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH CLUSTER/CCN
  • U0167-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH INTRUSION TRANSCEIVER CONTROL MODULE
  • U0168-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH VEHICLE SECURITY CONTROL MODULE (WCM)
  • U0184-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH RADIO
  • U0186-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH AUDIO AMPLIFIER
  • U0195-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH SDARS
  • U0197-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH HANDS FREE PHONE MODULE
  • U0199-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH DRIVER DOOR MODULE (LEFT WINDOW REGULATOR MODULE)
  • U0200-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH PASS DOOR MODULE (RIGHT WINDOW REGULATOR MODULE)
  • U1108-ADDITIONAL CAN B ECU DETECTED

DESCRIPTION
The primary on-board communication network between microprocessor-based electronic control modules in this vehicle is the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus system. A data bus network minimizes redundant wiring connections; and, at the same time, reduces wire harness complexity, sensor current loads and controller hardware by allowing each sensing device to be connected to only one module (also referred to as a node). Each node reads, then broadcasts its sensor data over the bus for use by all other nodes requiring that data. Each node ignores the messages on the bus that it cannot use.

The CAN bus is a two-wire multiplex system. Multiplexing is any system that enables the transmission of multiple messages over a single channel or circuit. The CAN bus is used for communication between most vehicle nodes. However, in addition to the CAN bus network, certain nodes may also be equipped with a dedicated Serial Controller Interface (SCI) or a K-Line serial link bus to provide direct communication between that node and certain sensor inputs or a diagnostic scan tool connected to the industry-standard 16-way Data Link Connector (DLC) located below the driver side instrument panel.

There are actually three separate CAN bus systems used in the vehicle. They are designated: the CAN-B, the CAN-C and the Diagnostic CAN-C. The CAN-B and CAN-C systems provide on-board communication between all nodes in the vehicle. The CAN-C is the faster of the two systems providing near real-time communication (500 Kbps), but is less fault tolerant than the CAN-B system. The CAN-C is used typically for communications between more critical nodes, while the slower (83.3 Kbps), but more fault tolerant CAN-B system is used for communications between less critical nodes. The CAN-B fault tolerance comes from its ability to revert to a single wire communication mode if there is a problem in the bus wiring.

The added speed of the CAN data bus is many times faster than previous data bus systems. This added speed facilitates the addition of more electronic control modules or nodes and the incorporation of many new electrical and electronic features in the vehicle.

The Diagnostic CAN-C bus is also capable of 500 Kbps communication, and is sometimes informally referred to as the CAN-D system to differentiate it from the other high speed CAN-C bus. The Diagnostic CAN-C is used exclusively for the transmission of diagnostic information between the Totally Integrated Power Module/Central GateWay (TIPM or TIPMCGW) and a diagnostic scan tool connected to the DLC. The DLC also has circuits connected directly to the SCI bus circuits of vehicles that are so equipped.

The TIPM is located in the engine compartment near the battery. The central CAN gateway or hub module integral to the TIPM is connected to all three CAN buses. This gateway physically and electrically isolates the CAN buses from each other and coordinates the bi-directional transfer of messages between them.
That's the first explanation of CAN bus I've seen. Did radar and microwave in the Army so I'm familiar with multiplexing. Large systems customer engineer with IBM in the 70s and "speak" 3 computer languages so some background there, but I've never bothered to try to learn anything about CAN bus. All I knew was that it was computer/electronic which makes it automatically magic.

Reactions: ImperialCrown

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's a good write up on the can bus gives me a general idea of what it is I've got a u0021 code can bus + open circuit and a malfunctioning seat belt restraint code when I get back into town I'll plug in my blue driver code reader and recheck it,thanks.

·
Super Moderator
22,709 Posts
What is the seat belt restraint code? There is a lot of complex ORC (occupant restraint controller) codes as the passenger seat must 'weigh' whoever is sitting there in order to determine the force of the passenger airbag deployment or in the case of a rear-facing child seat, not to deploy at all:
  • B1B7A-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR 3-LEFT FRONT INPUT CIRCUIT HIGH
  • B1B7D-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR 2-RIGHT FRONT PERFORMANCE
  • B1B7E-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR 2-RIGHT FRONT INPUT CIRCUIT LOW
  • B1B7F-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR 2-RIGHT FRONT INPUT CIRCUIT HIGH
  • B1B8C-DRIVER SEAT TRACK POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT PERFORMANCE
  • B1B8D-DRIVER SEAT TRACK POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT LOW
  • B1B8E-DRIVER SEAT TRACK POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH
  • B1B78-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR 3-LEFT FRONT PERFORMANCE
  • B1B79-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR 3-LEFT FRONT INPUT CIRCUIT LOW
  • B1B82-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR 4-LEFT REAR PERFORMANCE
  • B1B83-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR 4-LEFT REAR INPUT CIRCUIT LOW
  • B1B84-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR 4-LEFT REAR INPUT CIRCUIT HIGH
  • B1B87-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR 1-RIGHT REAR PERFORMANCE
  • B1B88-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR 1-RIGHT REAR INPUT CIRCUIT LOW
  • B1B89-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR 1-RIGHT REAR INPUT CIRCUIT HIGH
  • B1B91-DRIVER SEAT TRACK POSITION SENSOR CONFIGURATION MISMATCH
  • B1B92-PASSENGER SEAT TRACK POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT PERFORMANCE
  • B1B93-PASSENGER SEAT TRACK POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT LOW
  • B1B94-PASSENGER SEAT TRACK POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH
  • B1B97-PASSENGER SEAT TRACK POSITION SENSOR CONFIGURATION MISMATCH
  • B1BA6-OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION UNDETERMINED
  • B1BA7-OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM VERIFICATION REQUIRED
  • B1BA8-OCM SYSTEM OUT OF CALIBRATION/NOT CALIBRATED
  • B1BAA-OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION MODULE CONFIGURATION MISMATCH
  • B1BBA-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR SUPPLY CIRCUIT
  • B1BBB-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR INPUTS SHORTED TOGETHER
  • B1BBC-OCS NEGATIVE SYSTEM WEIGHT
  • B1BBD-OCM CURRENT CONFIGURATION TABLE UNPROGRAMMED
  • B1BC8-PASSENGER SEAT WEIGHT SENSORS PERFORMANCE
  • B212C-IGNITION RUN/START INPUT CIRCUIT OPEN
  • B212D-IGNITION RUN ONLY INPUT CIRCUIT OPEN
  • B223B-VEHICLE CONFIGURATION MISMATCH
  • B223D-OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION MODULE DTC PRESENT
  • B2101-IGNITION RUN/START INPUT CIRCUIT LOW
  • B2102-IGNITION RUN/START INPUT CIRCUIT HIGH
  • B2212-OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION MODULE INTERNAL
  • U141A-IMPLAUSIBLE DATA RECEIVED FROM OCS SENSOR 2-RIGHT FRONT
  • U141B-IMPLAUSIBLE DATA RECEIVED FROM OCS SENSOR 4-LEFT REAR
  • U141C-IMPLAUSIBLE DATA RECEIVED FROM OCS SENSOR 1-RIGHT REAR
  • U1419-IMPLAUSIBLE DATA RECEIVED FROM OCS SENSOR 3-LEFT FRONT
Here is the info for a U0021 - CAN B (+) circuit open:
Common twisted-pair wire colors are Wt and Vt w/tracer. Further diagnosis may narrow down where the failure is.
Rectangle Slope Triangle Font Parallel

Azure Rectangle Font Sky Parallel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My seat belt code is U 0151 with I don't see on the list lost communication with occupent restraint controller,my can bus code went away i beleive this probably happened after I replaced the battery a couple of weeks ago the only other code is a open on my left audio speaker wich I'm not concerned about my car hasn't broken down for a couple of weeks now thanks for all the great advise on this and I'll let you know if it acts up or any thing interesting comes up again thanks for the help very much appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts