Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I may have this wrong but I suspect that the codes for the PT are the same for all machines regardless of the date of manufacture. There may be variances for some specifics in terms of actual repair but the fault codes for systemic failures used in troubleshooting seem very consistent over the years.

On the note about the cam sensor: I had one fail. The car shuddered but restarted so mine apparently became intermittent enough to get me home. On the bright side the fix was cheap and easy to do and the directions are on the Allpar site if you Google around. Make sure you get a code like P0341 first though or you are wasting your time. You may also need a scanner to clear the code.

Anybody try the Phone app that runs a ODBII adapter from bluetooth used as a code scanner? I have a scanner so I don't actually need one but it looks inexpensive and quite useful if it works. Decent code scanners are in the $100 range that are robust and have decent support from the manufacturer. If these are cheap enough this sidesteps the tool quality question altogether. All the hardware has to last is a couple of uses to compete.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts