Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started doing that after being parked for 8+ months without even moving it an inch. Yea pandemic and mechanic was doing acc belt and I had no where to go cos I either worked from home or was unemployed or something or other.

Could something have died when sitting. I'd ask my mech, but he's semi retired. Again pandemic.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
One common item to check is the watts link (aka dog-bone) on the rear suspension.

The bushings on the front end will deteriorate. Control arm bushings, sway bar bushings and cradle bushings should all be inspected.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,506 Posts
If the sat in damp conditions, the shock & strut plunger rods may have a build-up of surface rust?
Bicycle part Tool Auto part Rim Circle

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Check the large bushings on the control arms and your end links. Very common failure points on the PT's.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry been away for too long after I made the OP. And you've all collectively hit the right parts. The front end steering parts are new (in the sense they're 20K or so old). The oil splashing etc etc, I am 53, I had those problems worse when I was 45, however from 46 to 51 I had 4 chiropractor appts a month and literally all the pain was gone. 2 yrs now of pain and chiropractor free, though I am thinking of going back for 1-2 a month just for maintenance.

So, I found some time on my mech's calendar - he said to get front fully loaded shocks, rear hydraulic units, and the watts and left and right. Hopefully I can get some time on his calendar next week to have him swap em all out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts