Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AH-depressing night .

Now 93 %of my restoration is done , when im installing waterpump pulley and making ready for belt. Then i discover that crank-pulley and waterpump-pulley has at least 3mm gap in alignement .

I dont think i have any play and im sure i installed crank-sprocket right. I dont understand this-ive departed pulleys and checked. still confused. Thou something is not right some way. The Only way i reason now i can get out of this is by chimsing The waterpump-pulley - however i dont like the idea-

Has anybody any thoughts?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on pulleys line-up problem.

Since there was a small response here on this issue i have concluded that problem is the waterpump.

WP,s are simply sold with a small disalignment. Im sure i have done the crank-sprocket right. I compared sprocket with another engine and all mounting is right. (exept for i had put on an 2,5 NA timing cover that did not fit, -for you info)
So back to waterpump. - i shimmed it with 3 small washers(1,4mm thick)and i think problem is solved.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a headache-

i have probably driven for a year or so with the pulleys as they were before i shimmed today,There was no belt noises, but sure they were not lined up.
Im think i bought my pump on rockauto - but is there a differens in model and years?

I know there is a difference in the end where you mount the pulley. Mine is round, but there is one with kind off "three ends"

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The reason i know the crank pulley is enough seated in, is is that it is just 2-3mm from touching the snow guard.

And, yes it also lines up with alternator. I like these questions- they confirm that im (probably) thinking right thoughts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.